Issue 19: Mysterious Mystery

As the hero of Gravesfield City swung, the ooze only spread across her cloak until it was completely black. It then latched onto her back, enveloping more and more of Spider-Witch's costume.

And she didn't even notice until she fired another web, only to suddenly become blinded by the ooze. She screamed in surprise and quickly landed on the side of a skyscraper, sticking to its glass.

"What the heck is going on!? I-" She said before miraculously gaining her vision again moments later. But now, she could see herself in the reflection of the glass.

Her regular and rather bright suit was now black, almost entirely. Even her cloak was now black with the inside of it being blue. Her mask's eyes were now blue as well and glowing. And finally, the shape of the spider on her chest was now much bigger and overall...not normal. It was almost demonic.

Spider-Witch stared at her own reflection in shock and confusion, even putting a hand on the spider symbol and then her face. She then pulled off her mask to make sure her real face hadn't changed, and thankfully, it didn't.

She then quickly slipped the mask back on and kept looking at herself. "What...what happened to my suit? It's all...dark and edgy. Did...did this happen because of how I'm feeling? Does my suit respond to my emotions?"

She then looked at her own hand before suddenly clenching her fist. The more she looked at the strange dark suit, the more a sudden sense of adrenaline began to kick in.

"I don't know why, but I...I feel like I could take on the whole universe!" Spider-Witch exclaimed with a laugh before she grinned and then effortlessly hopped off the skyscraper and shot out a web, which was now a bright blue instead of gold.

She swung through the city, cheering to herself as she practically glided across the air, shooting web after web. The sounds of traffic and people walking only seemed to energize her even more!

Spider-Witch spun around in the air and shot a web, swinging herself higher and higher into the air. She could see so much and she was feeling so much. Suddenly, her depressive mood was just gone in an instant.

After a while of swinging, she then dove downwards before firing a web and swinging up again. She then actually let herself fall for a while before shooting a web-line against a lamppost and then landing right on top of a parked car.

"And she sticks the landing! The crowd goes wild!!!" Spider-Witch laughed. "Man, I can't even remember what was bothering-"

"Spider-Witch...?" A familiar voice asked.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened and she whipped around to see none other than Officer Blight, but he looked to be wearing normal clothes instead of his usual policeman outfit.

"...what's with the new outfit?" Darius asked, looking at her in confusion.

Spider-Witch realized it was his car that she landed on and got off. "What's with the lack of yours?"

Darius sighed. "I'm off-duty. What's your excuse?"

"Oh, I'm just...in mourning. Of my buried reputation." She quipped as she actually started remembering what was bothering her in the first place. "Apparently there's a new superhero in town and he's, uhh, not very nice."

"Neither of you were here to suddenly swoop in and save the day when that bank robbery happened." Darius suddenly said. "You're lucky that the man who got shot is in stable condition."

Spider-Witch suddenly sighed in relief before looking at him. "I would've been there if I hadn't thought that Maestro or whatever he calls himself would've shown up before I could even hope to do anything..."