Issue 42: Heart Of Iron

Eda had made armors for all kinds of situations, and she was really starting to dig the hero gig that Luz had been doing. Luz had become something of a student or surrogate daughter to her.

The kid was pretty hard not to get attached to.

But, she should've known that something like this would've happened.

Eda cried out as she crashed against her own wall, her vision temporarily glitching out before focusing again.

The Sinister Six stared her down, with Belos' tendrils holding him higher and even serving as his legs to walk him over.

"I'm done wasting time with 'heroes'. Where is the portal your demonic sibling built?"

"I can tell you where you can shove it..." Eda groaned as she got up and quickly fired two repulsor blasts at Belos.

Belos just barely dodged and his eyes narrowed quickly after. Then, Oracle floated beside him and blasted at her with electricity, with Eda blasting back.

The blasts sparked and zapped all across the room while pushing against each other, illuminating the living room.

Belos just watched before snapping his fingers. Then, Shockwave ran from behind his teammates and slammed his fist into Eda's side while simultaneously firing a literal shockwave from his gauntlets.

Eda cried out in pain as she was sent flying, crashing onto the table and flattening it. She quickly sat up and was about to blast before a mechanical vine grabbed her wrist.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Snapdragon smirked before taking out one of her blades and thrusting it forward, but it shattered on impact with Eda's armor.

"Yeah, nice try." Eda smirked before she blasted herself into the air with her boot jets, grabbing the vine and spinning Snapdragon around before tossing her right onto the couch, and then blasting her.

Oracle then flew over, tackling Eda into the wall and zapping her arc reactor...which then glowed a bright gold and blasted a giant energy beam, sending Oracle flying.

Then, tendrils grabbed Eda's wrists and forced them together.

"I grow tired of this..." Belos snarled as Warhammer, Shockwave, and Maestro all charged.

Then, as Belos tossed Eda towards his allies, the beatdown began. Warhammer's literal hammer and overall strength were taking large chunks off her armor with every hit. Maestro's blasts were neverending, constantly hitting her to blind her or keep her from getting up. And Shockwave was always aiming for the face, finally breaking her helmet in two with a few hits.

Eda collapsed onto the ground, coughing as the only piece of her armor left was a single gauntlet.

Belos put his hands behind his back as his tendrils finally set him on the ground. They retracted into his back as he walked over to the witch. "You refusing to tell me where the portal is? A mere bump in the road...but there's one more thing I want from you. One that I know will be much more difficult to find."

"Y-YOU...AREN'T LAYING A CRUSTY FINGER ON THEM!!!" Eda cried as she thrusted her hand forward, blasting Belos right in the face.

Belos cried out in pain, the gooey substance around his face forming his mask having been blasted apart by the sheer impact of the blast. But the mask quickly reformed and one of his tendrils came out and swatted Eda against the wall like a fly.

Eda once again cried out in pain, but forced herself to get back up with shaking legs despite the ache and stinging agony across her body. "...HOOTY, INITIATE HOUSE PARTY PROTOCOL!"