Issue 26: Predator and Prey

Spider-Witch cheered as she dived through the air, swinging across the city. "What's up, Gravesfield!?!?"

A few people clapped as she swung above them, with Spider-Witch's smile only growing bigger.

Vee laughed over the com. "You're happy, Spidey!"

"Are you kidding!? Of course I am! Amity said yes!!!" Spider-Witch exclaimed as she did all kinds of tricks while in the air. "She said yes to me! Someone as beautiful and as kind and as brave as her! Ohhh, I'm a lucky spider today!"

"Prom's still not for two weeks." Vee giggled.

Spider-Witch just kept smiling under her mask as she did a triple-backflip in the air before shooting out a web and swinging again. "It could be a month from now for all I care!!!"

Vee snorted before hearing the door open. "Oh! Mama's home! What excuse should I say this time?"

"Tell her the truth!" Spider-Witch said as she swung. "Amity said yes and I'm way too happy!"

Vee snorted. "Good thing you included that, otherwise I would've told her you were a superhero. I'll be back soon."

"Relax, 5!" Spider-Witch laughed. "Heck, take the rest off! I'll be home soon!!!"

"Well...alright! Cya, sis." Vee said before ending their communication.

Spider-Witch then landed on top of a building, still smiling as wide as she could. She felt like she couldn't stop. She even lightly twirled around, as if she was a princess in a fantasy movie.

She felt like nothing could ruin her mood-

But then, as if on cue, her Spider-Sense went off and seconds later, she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her back.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened and she fell to her knees, suddenly feeling...weak. She felt slow. Like her body was made out of steel.

"Don't worry, little witch...that's just a stun poison." A voice said as footsteps were heard behind her. Then, Spider-Witch was suddenly kicked in the back, forcing her to fall down.

Spider-Witch looked up and her eyes widened at the sight of what was definitely a new villain.

The new villain was wearing dark purple armor with many hints and trimmings of green all across it. She had what looked to be mechanical vines wrapped around her wrists, and with sharp and long needles coming out of her fists that were definitely what she stung Spider-Witch with. Her helmet covered her face, with a glowing green visor that didn't even show what her eyes looked like.

Spider-Witch tried to get up, but the villain just kicked her back down.

"I could've used my more...lethal doses on you, but I wanted to see if any poison could penetrate that fancy parasite of yours..." The villain grinned, tapping her head.

"P...para...site...?" Spider-Witch asked, starting to feel dizzy.

The villain giggled. "Right. You don't know...tell me, do you even know how you suddenly got a black suit? Or why tendrils were coming out of you during your fight with that wannabe journalist?"

"I...I..."

"That suit isn't from this world...and who knows? Maybe under that mask...you aren't either." The villain smirked. "Maybe I can see before I deliver you to my client...who really wants you gone."

She then knelt down, grabbing Spider-Witch's mask. "And by the way...call me Snapdragon. All of your 'supervillains' got to have a name, right?" She giggled before beginning to pull.