Issue 29: Grom Night

Tonight was the night.

Prom Night.

Luz's long awaited real date with the woman she had been crushing on for what felt like ages. To say she was eager would be an understatement. She wasn't going to let anything stop her.

So, to get there faster, she decided to start swinging there as Spider-Witch, with her suit under her superhero suit, which was firing a few tendrils to get her around faster.

"I don't know what Snapdragon was talking about! Whatever you are...you're awesome!" Spider-Witch told the suit before firing another web and launching herself into the air, but as she began to fall, she began to think.

She hadn't talked to her sister since they had that fight...come to think of it, she hadn't really talked to anyone except Amity.

When had she even last talked to her mom?

'Don't think about it.'

Spider-Witch obeyed her thoughts and then kept swinging towards the school before she landed on a skyscraper the moment she heard a familiar and irritating noise.

An explosion. Or at the very least, something that sounded similar.

Spider-Witch's blue eyes glowed and she growled, turning her head. "You've got to be kidding me...tonight!?"

She heard a scratching sound, realizing her suit had grown claws that scratched at the glass of the skyscraper. But she didn't care.

"This is not the night to slow us down!" Spider-Witch snarled as she leapt off the skyscraper and began swinging towards the sound.

And sure enough, she saw a small group of criminals throwing sacks into the back of a van. Each one was armed with a gun, whether it be a rifle or pistol.

Spider-Witch's eyes narrowed and she threw herself down, quickly punching one of the criminals that had a rifle, knocking him out cold with a strike to the jaw.

She then grabbed the rifle and tossed it at another, knocking them out as well. She then webbed another and pulled them over, headbutting them into unconsciousness.

"GO, GO, GO!!!" The last thug screamed to the van as the van sped off. He then aimed his pistol right at Spider-Witch, beginning to fire.

But, all Spider-Witch did was effortlessly dodge before a tendril sprouted out from her chest and wrapped around the criminal's neck.

"OUT OF OUR WAY!!!" Spider-Witch boomed as the tendril threw him right back into the bank through the window. She then swung right after the van, feeling every part of her body charged by rage.

The tendrils of her suit then grabbed onto two buildings, while another grabbed onto a lampost behind her, pulling her back. Spider-Witch then let out a scream of rage as she was slingshot across the street at a rapid speed.

Spider-Witch then saw the van speeding through traffic and she growled, webbing onto it and pulling herself onto the roof. She then shot her fist through the roof, tearing it open. "YOU'RE GONNA WISH YOU NEVER-"

But then, suddenly...a loud soundwave started shooting right into her face. And while that would normally hurt...this time, the pain was excruciating.

Spider-Witch shrieked in utter agony as she laid against the roof of the van, desperately scrambling to cover her ears as tendrils shot out of her suit.

Her suit was reacting to the sound...she couldn't think...

It hurt...

It hurt...