Issue 25: Confident Confidence

"So, you know the basics of every love story, right?" Gus asked.

Luz giggled. "Duh, I know every trope! I've written almost all of them!"

"That's not the correct answer." Willow said with a wicked grin.

Luz playfully rolled her eyes. "Two people fall in love, start off as good friends as the feelings grow, eventually one of them gets the guts to ask, a possibility there might be a huge mess up involving trying to impress the love interest, misunderstanding, and then BAM!"

"'Will you go out with me' and yatta, yatta." Vee giggled. "There's also the possibility of an ex or third wheel."

"Third wheel being us and ex being...well..." Willow said, looking to the side.

Luz just smirked. "Boscha?"

"Didn't she try to punch you before you revealed your secret acrobatic skills?" Gus asked. "Which you haven't explained by the way."

Luz smirked even more. "Like a magician, I never reveal my secrets."

'That's more true than they think.' Vee thought.

"That aside, you're not afraid of angering her even more by asking out the girl she's clearly not over?" Gus asked.

Luz shrugged before suddenly cracking her fists. "Let her try."

Vee's eyes widened and she turned to Boscha. "You aren't gonna actually fight her if she tries anything, are you?"

"It's not like she doesn't have it coming, sis." Luz said, facing her.

Willow sighed. "Luz, as much as I agree and want to shove my foot where the sun doesn't shine when it comes to Boscha, fist-fighting her will make it worse...plus, I'm not sure you'd win."

"What? I could take her!" Luz laughed.

"Luz." Vee said.

Luz sighed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Good." Gus said with a slow nod. "But remember: just ask her if she wants to go to Prom with you two weeks from now and be yourself."

"Because if that cotton candy haired goddess only loves a version of me, then what's the point?" Luz said before she immediately thought to Spider-Witch.

She really seemed to idolize her superhero alter ego...would Amity say yes if she had asked her as Spider-Witch? It seemed more likely than her saying yes to Luz, the girl she had only started becoming friends with.

Then again...dating a superhero, who now constantly had a target on her back wasn't any better...and like it or not, Luz was Spider-Witch.

"Luz?" Vee asked. "You...you have that 'losing hope' face."

"Already?" Gus asked. "Luz, if you don't feel ready, we can-"

"I'm not chickening out this time." Luz said, feeling a streak of confidence. What really helped is that she had successfully beaten all her villains. Including that 'Oracle' guy, which was very satisfying.

Then, the bell rang. Willow grinned. "Well, your chance is coming soon, Miss Noceda."

And all Luz could do was grin as she left towards the locker of Amity Blight, whom seemed to be deep in thought as she put her things away.

Luz then stepped over. "What lurks in the mind of Amity Blight? We figure that out in today's documentary." She said in a deep voice.

Amity snapped out of it and began to laugh, turning her head. "Hello to you too, Luz."