Issue 3: Mystic Mutation

Luz's vision was blurry and she groaned a bit as her eyes slowly began to flutter open. Everything was spinning and she couldn't even remember if she had dreamt something while she slept.

When did she fall asleep?

Luz then slowly sat up, her eyes opening completely, which then widened when she saw she was in a hospital room. She looked around and thankfully, saw a doctor in the room as well. "Ummm...hello?"

The doctor turned and his eyes widened a bit slightly. "Oh! Good, you're awake! How are you feeling...?"

"Ummm. Fine?" Luz said as she faced him. "What happened? Wasn't I just at the museum...?"

"Your sister said you suddenly passed out after a nasty spider bite." The doctor said. "She called your parents and everyone else called us."

Luz's eyes widened again. "I passed out!?!"

"It looks that way." The doctor replied with a nod. "Although, that bite mark is going to be there for a while."

Luz looked at her hand and saw exactly that. The mark of a spider bite. She cringed slightly at the sight, holding her hand. "That did not feel good...but am I okay? If the bite was enough to make me pass out..."

"Well, are you feeling weird? Does anything hurt?" The doctor asked.

Luz shook her head.

"Then, the venom seems to have taken its course. You'll be okay." The doctor reassured. "Although, I'm wondering what kind of spider bit you. Especially if the venom gave you this effect...did you manage to see it?"

Luz shook her head again. "No. I smacked it off before I could get a chance to look at it. Even then, I doubt I'd be able to tell."

"I see." The doctor hummed before he smiled. "Well, I'm going to run a few more tests just to be sure. Either way, it is a rare occurrence that a simple spider bite results in anything severe."

He then went to the door, opening it. "I'll get your family. Help yourself to a lollipop."

Luz smiled wide at that and then got off the bed and swiped one. "Thanks!"

And with that, Luz was left alone for an undetermined amount of time as she enjoyed a simple lollipop...although, she couldn't stop looking at the bite mark she now had.

It was nothing too visible or unusual, Luz just didn't expect it to happen. Besides, she felt fine and she looked fine. She stretched out her arm a bit to make sure there was no pain, and there wasn't.

She sighed in relief. Everything was fine on her bitten and muscular arm-

"Wait a second." Luz said before quickly taking off her hoodie and looking at her arm, even having to pull back the short sleeve on her T-shirt.

Her arm was...well, it wasn't the weak nerd arm it was before. She poked at it in awe for a moment, almost unable to believe what she was seeing. Then, she flexed and actual muscles were there.

"...did I secretly get drugged?" Luz whispered, her eyes wide. "I...h-how is...whaaaaat?"

She then looked at her other arm and it was the exact same. She then grabbed her hoodie and slowly slipped it back on. "M...maybe I've just been getting stronger without even knowing it! Yeah, yeah! Yard work, walking, and gym class can be some good exercise! That's...that's gotta be it...just breathe, Luz."

Then, the door opened...and Camila rushed right in, hugging her daughter tightly. "¡¡¡Mi pequeño bebe!!! ¡¡Estaba muy preocupado!! ¿¡Estás bien!?"