Issue 14: Witch Hunter

Golden Goblin flew across the air with his nemesis in his grasp. He was cackling louder and louder. He could hear gasps and cries of terror from the citizens of Gravesfield City, seeing their supposed superhero now in the grasp of evil.

Spider-Witch gasped and tried to use her aching arms to break free, punching at Golden Goblin's wrist.

Golden Goblin grinned before flying faster on his glider. They flew for a while before he suddenly threw her through a window.

Spider-Witch's cloak magically wrapped itself around her, protecting her from the glass as she rolled to the floor. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked around.

They were in the same abandoned hotel that she faced down her father's killer.

Spider-Witch groaned and even trembled at the memories as she forced herself to get up. She pressed her finger against her ear, but nothing was coming from the communication device. Not even the glitching sound of static.

But then, her Spider-Sense once again started to ring.

"I offered you friendship...and you spat in my face!" Golden Goblin cried as he flew in and punched Spider-Witch to the wall, hopping off his glider in the process.

Spider-Witch cried out in pain, but quickly dodged another punch and even managed to block a second, only to get kicked in the gut.

Golden Goblin cackled and then spun around, side-kicking Spider-Witch onto the floor. "We could've fixed you, witch...but now, it seems we'll have to rid the world of your cancer the old fashioned way..."

Then, the blade came out from his wrist and Golden Goblin began walking over to her, while raising it above Spider-Witch.

"Through your spilled blood."

Spider-Witch's eyes then glowed and she kicked Golden Goblin away from her with both of her boots before flipping back onto her feet. She then raised her fists. "You said you wanted to end this? Well, we've reached the third act of this movie!"

She then shot two web-lines at Golden Goblin, pulling him over and then punching him across the face.

Golden Goblin quickly grabbed one of his bombs from his satchel, but Spider-Witch quickly kicked it right out of his hands and then jumped onto the ceiling, webbing him and punching him back down.

"You won't be needing this!" Spider-Witch said as she webbed Golden Goblin's satchel and then webbed it to the wall before hopping down.

Golden Goblin pointed his finger and blasted at her, only for the hero to dodge and then uppercut him.

Spider-Witch then hopped up, put her hands on the ceiling to stick, and then kicked Golden Goblin in the face.

Golden Goblin stumbled back before he regained his composure and blasted at her once again before running at her, swinging his blade across Spider-Witch's chest.

Spider-Witch screamed in pain before she backflipped away from another swing of the blade, which caught a piece of her cloak.

Golden Goblin then raised his arm again, ready to slash at her another time.

Spider-Witch acted quick and fired a web-line to his mask before yanking as hard as she could before punching him right in the face.

Golden Goblin was sent flying through the already broken glass door and onto the road...and his mask was still attached to Spider-Witch's web.

Spider-Witch gasped before she grinned and walked out, watching Golden Goblin slowly get to his knees. "Not so scary without the mask, huh?"

Golden Goblin was silent for a moment, his true face covered by the darkness of the night...until he swung at Spider-Witch again with his blade, which she dodged.