Issue 37: Rise of Scorn

"Again! Again!" King cried.

Luz snorted before she picked up King, holding him close. "Alright, alright! You ready, Ori?"

Orion nodded and then summoned one of his stars and hopped onto it, having it float high in the air. "Yup!"

Luz then transformed into Spider-Witch again and swung into the air with King in her arms, smiling wide at the Titan's cheering. She swung around Eda's home a little before eventually swinging towards Orion and gently 'tossing' King into Orion's arms.

"Gotcha!" Orion smiled, hugging his little brother tight.

King laughed, his tail wagging back and forth rapidly.

Spider-Witch's heart melted as she hung upside down, facing the two. "You two are absolutely adorable, you know that? I will literally protect you from anything and everything."

"Well, yeah! You're a superhero. That's your job." King said as Orion floated them down. "I wanna do that too one day. And beat up a bunch of villains!"

Spider-Witch's eyes softened before she transformed back to Luz, who landed on her feet. "Well, King...you do know the job is dangerous, right?"

"Yeah! Of course!" King said. "I mean...a bunch of people are trying to kill you." He said casually.

Luz was clearly a bit taken aback before looking at Orion. "How old are you two again?"

Orion blinked and scratched his chin. "...uhhh...I forgot how old I am...but King's 8!"

King tried to show with all his fingers, but he only had six fingers in total, so he just stared at them awkwardly.

"Right. God kids." Luz said with a sheepish laugh before she took a seat with the two. "So...hope you don't mind me asking, but you two are from different races, right?"

Orion nodded. "Yup! King's a Titan,"

"And Ori's a Collector! Or...Archivist?" King asked. "Meh. I don't need to remember. They were jerks."

Luz turned to Orion, suddenly feeling protective of him already. "How so...?"

"Well...they just weren't very nice. They always saw themselves as above everyone." Orion said. "They never wanted to play nicely and whoever tried standing up to them...well...they were turned into statues."

Luz's eyes widened in horror at that, and she was left silent for a while.

"I never liked them...I never liked how all my siblings just acted so...so..."

"Evil?" King finished.

Orion nodded. "Yeah! So, I tried talking to them...annnnd they kicked me out."

'Note to self: beat up the next Archivist I see.' Luz thought.

"But! That's when Papa found me." Orion smiled. "King's dad adopted me and showed me a whole lot of good things! The Titans are better than my crummy race."

"And then Papa led an army to face The Archivists! And won!!!" King cried. "At least that's what Orion tells me...I...I never got to meet Papa."

Luz's eyes widened. "You...you didn't?"

"Titan eggs take a pretty long time to hatch." Orion said. "And...Papa had to leave before King hatched."

Luz's heart clenched. "So...you had to raise King all by yourself...?"

"No, not for long!" Orion smiled. "Papa left guards for us...and then Mama Eda found us! And now we're here...but, I do miss Papa...a lot..."

King went over and then wrapped his arms around his big brother. "It's okay...he's always with us, remember?"