Issue 33: The Iron Owl

The life of Spider-Witch couldn't have been better.

Her friends knew her secret and were more than accepting, the city was safe from all kinds of evil, and she had a girlfriend. She even got kissed by her. The girl she had been crushing on since...she couldn't even remember!

Spider-Witch was practically giddy as she launched herself further and further into the air until she could practically see the whole city. She cheered as she began to fall, firing a web just in time to swing back up before she'd hit the pavement.

"Man! I feel great!!!" Spider-Witch exclaimed. "Literally nothing could ruin how I'm feeling right-"

Then, as if on cue, she saw a rather fancy car clearly speeding and swerving around other cars following the speed limit.

"...y'know? Not even this is bothering me! Bring it on!" Spider-Witch exclaimed as she began swinging over to the car. She eventually fired two webs and pulled herself from the air and onto the roof of the car.

She then looked at the front window. "Hey there, friends! Mind speeding up a bit? You're going too slow."

The criminals screamed and quickly pulled out their guns, but Spider-Witch just did what she usually did and grabbed onto the car and swung herself through the driver's window, kicking both the driver and the passenger out of the car and then webbing them both to the ground.

She then got in front of the car and used her super strength to stop the car right in its tracks, pushing back with all her might. And in moments, the car screeched to a stop.

Spider-Witch grinned and saw the other two criminals get out, quickly aiming their guns at her...but with shaky hands.

"...are you afraid of me?" Spider-Witch asked. "C'mon, look at me! I belong in a cartoon! Shoot me!"

The two thugs looked at each other before aiming their guns, only for Spider-Witch to tug them out of their hands with a web and toss them aside.

"I told ya to do it. Not romantically stare at each other." Spider-Witch said before she webbed them both of them to their car. "Send me an invite to the wedding!" She exclaimed before hopping on the car and back into the air, swinging off again.

She then hummed a tune to herself before swinging onto the top of a building, smiling to herself. "That one goes onto the list of quips...man, the list is getting long."

"You make a list?" A voice asked.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened and she whipped around...before she gasped at the sight before her.

Right behind her was a woman covered head to toe in high-tech crimson armor, with hints of a lighter shade and black across it. Energy was coming from her palms and boots, and she had a strange glowing circle right on her chest that was glowing gold.

And finally, she had an all too familiar helmet...that looked exactly like The Golden Goblin, just in a different color and without the horns.

"...who are you?!" Spider-Witch cried before she got ready. "Ohh, I get it! You're working for this guy who hates me for some reason! Bring it on! This is still not bringing down my mood!"

The woman looked confused. "Wait, what-"

Spider-Witch then lunged at the woman, punching her across the face and then swinging herself around before going to kick her while still in the air.

The woman grabbed Spider-Witch's foot and threw her back down onto the building. "WHOA, WHOA! KID, I DON'T WANNA FIGHT!!! I AIN'T A BAD GUY!!!"

Spider-Witch's eyes widened. "Wait, wha-?"