Issue 4: The Strangest Things

(So. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse was amazing-)

The hospital visit lasted a few more hours before Luz was given the okay to go back home. Although, she couldn't get the sudden muscles she now had out of her head.

Had she really just been getting stronger without noticing? She always had weak nerd arms as far as she could remember.

"You're sure you're well enough to go to school tomorrow, mija?" Manny asked suddenly, looking at his daughter with soft eyes.

Luz smiled. "I'm sure! I feel better! I promise!"

"Well...okay. Let's just hope your mom and I can survive another heart attack if something goes wrong." Manny said, joking to light up the mood.

Manny always had this playful demeanor about him. That's probably why Luz got along with him so well. Neither of them cared how others saw them as long as they were themselves.

Camila lightly hit her husband. "Please do not give me that fear again."

"I kid, mi amor. I kid." Manny reassured.

Luz and Vee smiled before heading into their room, with Luz stretching a bit before sitting on her bed.

Vee then took a seat on the bed across from her before looking at Luz. "You...sure you're okay?"

"Vee, relax! I'm fine!" Luz smiled as she sat up, but for some reason, her hand was now stuck to her hoodie. She pulled slightly, but her hand didn't budge.

Was it still sticky from the lollipop? Was the hoodie sticky?

"If you say so." Vee said. "Expect to be smothered by everyone tomorrow."

Luz then tried to take off the hoodie and managed to pull it off her...but it became stuck to both of her hands. Her eyes widened as she waved her arms around to try and get the hoodie to let go, but nothing was working.

'What's going on!?!?' Luz thought before quickly laying down right before Vee looked back at her.

"I mean, Willow was always overprotective. You know that." Vee giggled. "Maybe you'll get lucky and get smothered by Miss Blight!~"

Luz blushed lightly, but seemed to be more focused on getting the hoodie off her hand. "Uhhh, y-yeah! Right! A-as if that would ever h-happen!"

"Still such a stuttering mess whenever I say her name." Vee said before looking out the window. "Oh, wow. We were at the hospital for a while, the sun's going down. You wanna binge a show before heading to sleep?"

"I-I'd rather not be late again, y'know?" Luz asked as she put the hands and hoodie beside her, continuing to try and pull in secret.

Vee hummed. "If you say so. One episode?"

Luz kept pulling before she got one hand free. She then tried with the other...only to get the hand that was just free stuck again. "S-sure! One episode!"

"I'll get some snacks!" Vee smiled as she left the room.

Once Luz made sure Vee was gone, she rolled right off the bed and set her foot on her hoodie as she pulled with all her might.

Then, finally, her hands were free. Luz laughed in triumph before looking at her hands. "Okay...what just happened?"

She then looked at her shirt and very slowly placed one of her hands on it and pulled. Her hand came off normally.

"...maybe it is just my hoodie..." Luz whispered, not even believing herself. "T...this will go away by morning...just calm down, Luz...you don't need to freak out."