Issue 32: Lumity

Amity honestly didn't believe her life had gone this way. Not only had she started to fall for someone all over again, but that same someone was a mystic superhero who had gone through situations that any normal person would die from.

It was scary, but inspiring as well. Although, it made her feel a little silly that she didn't recognize that Luz was Spider-Witch sooner. It seemed obvious now that she knew.

Amity hummed to herself before her phone buzzed and she looked at a text with a smile on her face.

Luz: So...how does tonight for that date sound?

Amity: Sounds amazing.

Luz: Good! Cause, uhh...mind looking outside?

Amity tilted her head before she turned to the window...and then began laughing when she saw Spider-Witch in view, hanging upside down from a web. "How did I not notice you?!"

Spider-Witch smiled under her mask before she swung onto the balcony and then opened the door, walking through. "What can I say? I'm quite stealthy!"

"Says the girl who is dressed in white, yellow, black, and blue." Amity giggled. "It's a cool suit though. I love the cape."

"Right!? Although, I think it defies physics." Spider-Witch said as she grabbed ahold of her cloak. "It never comes flying into my face when I'm doing flips and stuff."

Amity hummed. "Probably magic."

"Yeah...so, ready to go?" Spider-Witch asked.

Amity snorted. "How about you go back to being Luz and go to my front door and then tell my parents you're taking me out. So that way they don't come into my room, find it empty, and assume I'm kidnapped."

Spider-Witch blinked and then laughed sheepishly. "Y-yeah, that's...that's probably a better idea." She said before she stepped onto the edge of the balcony and then backflipped off before swinging around the house a little and then transforming back to Luz the moment she landed at the front door.

Amity felt her cheeks redden at the graceful agility before she shook it off and walked out of her room and towards the front door right as there was a knock.

She opened it, and Luz was right there with a sudden pair of flowers in her hands. "M'lady."

Amity's eyes widened a bit before she giggled and took them. "Did you...take these from my garden just to give them back to me?"

"Awww, you spoiled the surprise." Luz laughed.

Then, Alador Blight wandered into the room to see who had knocked and his eyes widened in surprise a bit before he walked over. "Amity? Who is at the door?"

"Oh! Dad, this is Luz. You remember her." Amity said.

Luz smiled and waved. "Hi, Mr. Blight!"

Alador quickly recalled the girl from her father's funeral and smiled kindly. "Luz Noceda. It's good to see you again. How are you feeling?"

"Awesome!" Luz said. "S-so, umm...if you don't mind, I...was hoping to take out your daughter?"

Alador's eyes widened and he looked at Amity, seeing the hopefulness in her eyes before looking back at Luz. "On a...date?"

"Y-yeah!" Luz said, blushing a tad. "I-I figured I could take her out for a movie and then maybe we could grab a bite after. I brought money for all of it, so I'm paying."

Alador hummed for a minute, as if unsure. The look in his eyes filled Luz with a sense of dread that she was surprised there wasn't a supervillain causing it.