Issue 11: Good As Gold

It had been about a day since The Golden Goblin's attack and Luz's accidental reveal to her sister. Not to mention, it was a Sunday, so one more day before school once again began.

"Mom could see that, y'know." Vee said, looking at her sister hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Luz sighed. "I'm just really trying to think of a name. Like, if people are gonna keep calling me Spider-Girl or whatever, I wanna shoot back with something like..."

She then hopped down and struck a pose. "No! It's so and so!" She then turned to her sister. "Get what I mean?"

"Weren't you attached to Spider-Light?" Vee asked. "I thought it was catchy."

Luz nodded. "That was gonna be my first choice, but then you brought up Spider-Witch and the more and more I think about it, my powers are magic and even my costume is kinda like The Good Witch Azura!"

"I'd go with Spider-Witch then." Vee said, sitting up. "It sounds catchy and fits your overall mystic theme...speaking of, can you do any other magic?"

Luz shrugged. "No idea. So far, it's just the spider powers...they're still super cool though, right?"

"Totally!!!" Vee cried with a grin. "Wait, wait! I can be your guy in the chair! Or girl in the chair, you know what I mean!"

Luz tilted her head. "Ummm, huh?"

"You know! A lot of superheroes have these assistants on the computer that are telling them a bunch of info and telling them where to go, that kinda person!" Vee said. "Lemme be that! I'm pretty tech-savvy!"

Luz thought about it for a minute before she grinned as she began to imagine it. "That would be awesome! I'm swinging around and then-"

"And then I say which crimes to go to and get to watch the whole thing! Maybe even give you some fighting tips!" Vee cried.

Luz and Vee then high fived. "Noceda Twins!!!"

Later that day, Luz decided to go out for another swing while Vee worked on setting up everything she needed to be her 'gal in the chair'. This wasn't to goof off though despite how fun web-swinging actually was for Luz.

This was to keep an eye out. She now had her first real supervillain. People were going to rely on her. So many lives were now resting in her hands.

She couldn't let them down.

"Vee's narrating would be awesome right about now." Luz hummed to herself as she twirled around in the air and kept swinging...but then, her head began ringing rather loudly. She whipped around and was punched across the face suddenly.

Luz fell through the air, but shot a web and pulled herself onto a rooftop, looking around before her head once again rang and she whipped her body to the other direction.

And sure enough, hovering above her was none other than Golden Goblin, with his glider repaired.

"Hello, little spider..." Golden Goblin grinned as he hopped off his glider and onto the rooftop. "Did you miss me?"

Luz raised her fists, her eyes narrowing. "Already want an encore, Goldie? Well, you are my biggest fan, so I guess I can oblige!" She cried as she threw a punch at Golden Goblin.

Golden Goblin dodged, stepping back with a cackle. "Put the fists away, spider...I'm not here to fight."

"Punching me right out of the air? Yeah, that's totally a truce." Luz said, crossing her arms. "What do you want? In fact, I bet you have some of your fancy bombs placed around here somewhere!"