Issue 24: Breaking News

(Happy Halloween!!!)

"You sure you're not too bothered by what that guy said yesterday?" Vee asked over the com.

Spider-Witch shrugged as she swung around on another beautiful day in Gravesfield City. "I'm gonna get haters! Everyone does! But this isn't for praise! It's about doing what's right!"

"...your feelings are still hurt, aren't they?"

"N-not the point." Spider-Witch said as she let herself fall for a little bit before shooting a web and launching herself into the air.

Vee chuckled a bit. "If it means anything? Me and Amity can both agree they were dead wrong. Speaking of, didn't you get her number?"

Spider-Witch's eyes widened before laughing. "Did you ever doubt me? I think I'm quite the lady killer!"

"Sure, sis. Keep telling yourself that." Vee snorted.

Spider-Witch grinned before she swung herself into the center of the city, but she quickly noticed something strange. One of the large billboards that acted like a TV was...glitching out.

She landed on the side of a building and squinted her eyes, seeing a crowd of people staring up at it in confusion...except for one. He was further ahead the rest, wearing dark clothing and a hood over his head, placing his hand against the building that led to the electronic billboard.

Spider-Witch hummed. "I think something's going on, 5."

"Describe it." Vee said as she sounded like she was typing over the com.

"One of those electronic billboard things are glitching out...and there's a somewhat suspicious guy in the front." Spider-Witch said.

Vee hummed before she managed to access some pieces of footage. "Yup, some live footage is out...hey, some people are filming the suspicious guy- Wait, is he glowing!?!"

Spider-Witch quickly looked down and squinted her eyes again as she saw that the hooded man was indeed glowing. So, she quickly leapt into action, swinging down and then landing in front of the crowd of people, who all began gasping, cheering, and taking pictures.

She then stood up, ignoring the people behind her as she crossed her arms. "Sir? You good? You're kinda copying a firefly right now..."

The hooded man was silent for a moment before turning his head. His hand, still against the wall, suddenly began glowing brighter and brighter as sparks of energy began flowing from his fingertips.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened as her Spider-Sense went off right after. She then looked up and saw the billboard starting to spark as well.

"YOU..." The hooded man suddenly growled as he took his hand off the building and pointed it at Spider-Witch, suddenly shooting a large string of electrical energy.

It hit Spider-Witch before she could even think about making her body dodge. She cried out in pain as she was sent flying into the crowd, sliding across the cement of the floor.

The crowd quickly began screaming in terror as they all ran away, with some of them dumb enough to keep filming as they ran.

Spider-Witch groaned as she held her chest, slowly sitting up as she heard Vee's communication device starting to glitch again. "5...? 5...? You there...?"

Then, her Spider-Sense went off again and Spider-Witch quickly leapt into the air as she just barely dodged another blast of electricity.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!!" The hooded man boomed, his voice having an echoey effect which only made him sound more demonic.