Issue 40: The Sinister Six

1 year later.

Luz almost couldn't believe it. It had been an entire year since Boscha had been freed from the Grom symbiote, and a lot had changed.

Hunter, despite being declared cured, felt it was more safe to do the rest of the school year at home. It was certainly possible he would be graduating at home as well...but it didn't really matter to him. His friends often visited him, usually bringing school right to him.

Willow and Gus were now some of Luz's cover agents, often providing stories or excuses for her in case she ever needed to be Spider-Witch. It was never surprising if they suddenly showed up to help while Vee was guiding her.

Vee, shocking as it is, didn't have many changes to her over the year. Other than a tiny bit of jealousy due to Amity getting powers and not her, she continued her role as the support and 'Gal in The Chair'. She was even starting to see someone through a long distance relationship. Their name was Masha.

Eda had become a bit of a mentor to Luz's cause, usually building gadgets for her or helping her out...not that she needed it nowadays. After Scorn's defeat, no supervillains had really shown up. Even so, the bond between the witch and the hero had grown to teacher and student.

King and Orion were more like Luz's younger siblings now more than ever. Even if they could never meet her and Vee's mother, the whole squad knew about them, which King and Orion just saw as new playmates besides each other and Luz.

And last but not least, Amity. While she only wore the supersuit to help her girlfriend against Scorn, she decided to use it more often. While she didn't exactly have a superhero name of her own (she couldn't come up with one), that didn't matter to her. What did matter was helping people and helping her girlfriend.

Luz had declared that her life couldn't possibly get any better, even if being Spider-Witch wasn't always an easy task even without any new supervillains showing up to cause havoc...but that also brought a feeling of unease.

Whoever had created or hired most of her foes was still out there and possibly planning something big. And Luz had no idea where to even start looking for them.

"Any theories...?" Luz asked, hanging upside down.

Vee hummed as she looked at her computer. "Maybe it's...an evil gang leader who wants to create an interdimensional portal?"

Luz shook her head. "That doesn't sound right."

"What about a mutant reptile who wants to turn everyone into reptiles?"

Luz grinned. "Okay, is it bad that I'd love to fight a giant reptile?"

"No, that does sound awesome." Vee giggled before sighing. "But that's all I've got. We've got next to no evidence on who this guy is other than that he exists. Hunter didn't even really see his face when he was The Golden Goblin."

Luz sighed, hopping down from the ceiling. "It's been a year since the last supervillain, so I guess I'm just uneasy. Whenever that happens-"

"That means something big is gonna happen." Vee said. "...actually, I may have something for you. Not about the big bad, but something to reassure you!"

Luz turned. "What's that, sis?"

"All your supervillains have been transferred to a prison called The Raft! They made it specifically for the more superpowered criminals!" Vee said.

Luz chuckled. "Wait, really? How long have you known about this?"

"A few days. It's been there for longer though." Vee said. "So, Warhammer, Shockwave, Maestro, Oracle, and Snapdragon are all resting there behind bars."