I'm ready to die by your side

Previously:

I doubt it was just a dream, it can't be. It was all too real, I felt it all, mom. My mother was there. Her words echo in my head over and over. After I manage to calm the hurricane of emotions burning inside me, I pull myself out of the hug.

-What time is it? I ask Beatrix who hands me a glass of water

- It's 6:15.

-I woke you up? I ask, guilt taking hold of me

- No, I was already awake, I was getting ready to go to Stella's when I saw a bright white light coming out from under your door, when I entered it looked like you had a nightmare and you released a wave of magic.

I'm surprised, it's the first time I do this in my sleep, I'll talk to Cami today, that's the best way. I nod to Beatrix who hugs me one more time before letting me get ready.

I wrap myself in the sheets like in a cocoon and try to calm my irregular heartbeat. I look at the clock again, 6:25. I get out of bed even though I don't want to and start preparing for this day...

<<Riven>>

Something is wrong, I feel it. Ever since I woke up, I feel that something is not right. I woke up at 5 am because I couldn't sleep anymore so I took all the time I needed, drank my coffee, did 30 minutes of cardio because I felt the need to fire up every muscle in my body and I checked again the car and everything for the trip. My watch says it's 6:25, my bags are packed, my weapons are fine, my armor, everything is checked. 

And I still feel that something is missing. I check my phone and all the information that Silva sent me, everything seems fine, but I don't know how pleased Musa will be with the 8-9 hour drive, after I finish loading everything in the car I check my and the phone, it's 6:40.

 I still have time to go to the canteen and stock up. Not for me, for the grumpy fairy I'll have to endure. Musa is not a morning person, and the fact that I will have to drag her out of the comfort of her bed at 7 in the morning will annoy her and I don't want her to spill her nerves on me, so I will sweeten her with protein bars and chocolate. A sleepy fairy is dangerous but a sleepy and hungry one is much more...intense.

Considering that we will not have breakfast and the journey will take many hours, I prefer to be prepared.

At the canteen, I fill my backpack with chocolate, chips, fruit bars, protein bars, juice, water, marshmallows, biscuits and everything else I can find.

I check my phone again, it's 6:45, I don't have any messages from Musa, she doesn't send me messages but I expected her to complain about my presence until now, she hasn't, yet. Since he hasn't attacked me yet, and I don't even see her, I decide to go check if everything is in order. I leave my backpack in the car, I take two cups of coffee, one black for me and one with milk and sweetened for my little grumpy fairy. 

As I approach Musa's apartment, I see Beatrix leaving and closing the door behind her, her expression is worried, something is not right. I don't waste a moment

- Beatrix? Everything OK? Is Musa ok? Beatrix looked at me, at the door and back at me. She puts a fake smile on her face and nods

- Good morning Riv, everything is perfect. I stay quiet, I study his expression, his behavior, something is definitely not right. I stand in front of her, I don't move, my expression is dead, I ask in a cold, deadly tone

-Beatrix, you can't lie to me. Did something happen to Musa?

-Riv, if you don't mind, I have places to be. She says, trying to pass by me, but I grab her hand and stop her