You think I hate you...

<< Musa >>

The clock is ticking and the closer it is to lunch, I can't stop worrying. Thomas made it clear when he said that there is no way out of this and as a result of disobeying Stella, he will make sure that nothing like this happens again, which makes me worry even more. Unlike me or any other fairy in Alfeea, Thomas is a genius of charms, I have no doubt that he has already analyzed every little detail to strengthen the spell. What worries me the most is the fact that something is happening and no one tells me anything. Cami and Thomas wouldn't go to such lengths to keep us together and make us all train so hard if something didn't worry them. All I can do now is look for a way out of this whole thing...

<< Stella >>

I can't bear the thought that you put me under the spell of magic jewels again. Last year my mother made me wear one as punishment for my disobedience, every second I spent with that jewel stuck in my shoulder I can describe as the worst pain I've ever felt. 

The closer I got to the land that was forbidden to me, the jewel began to sink more into the soft flesh, sending shock waves through all my nerve endings, sometimes the shock was so great that I lost my breath and almost fainted. Every time I tried to pass it again, the pain was getting worse, the effects worse and the healing time longer. The thought that I will be related to Thomas terrifies me. He is not the easiest person to bear, in fact, from the way he looks at me and treats me, I can only deduce that he hates me. He hates me with all his being and I know this since childhood, I tried to ignore it, I tried to avoid him, but now I don't have this option, in fact, I don't think I ever had it.

I don't want the rest of the fairies and specialists to suffer because of me, I don't want my friends to go through what I went through, they don't deserve this...I slowly approach the door of his room, my steps echo in the empty hall as I pass the closed doors. Alfeea has never looked more deserted, where I look there is only silence and shadows. Thomas has the room in the farthest wing of the school and I can swear that his icy heart made the air freeze. The closer I get to his door, I feel a chill in my veins that not even my worst nightmare has caused.I raise my hand and hammer in the solid wood door, I start to regret my decision to face him. From behind the door you can hear his muffled voice saying

-Come in!

I gently turn the door handle and open the door slowly, my hands shaking. I step inside and close the door behind me, pressing my back against it. Thomas is standing with his back to the wet direction, apparently he is bent over his desk which is full of scrolls, books and his notes. He seems engrossed in what he is reading and maybe this is my chance to leave...No, I have to do this.

-Thomas, we need to talk. I say, and he seems to freeze at the sound of my voice. It takes a full second before he straightens up and turns to me. Without saying anything, he crosses his arms over his chest and leans on the table.

-What is all this madness? I ask him, proud of my voice which comes out much calmer than the chaos inside me

-I see that Musa told you. he says

-Thomas, this whole thing is too much. This whole war with the witches made us lose our minds, but this? This is pure madness! Why are you doing this? Is it because I left you alone this morning?]

- It's because that's how I want it to be. he says, starting to move towards me

-Thomas I..-

-You can't change anything, in fact, you caused this whole situation. If you had tried even a little bit to keep your temper and listen to me, now I wouldn't have to force everyone to take it. You, Stella, are the one who caused this situation so don't try to look innocent. His words were pure contempt, their harshness like poison, the closer he got to me, the more my heart trembled. I could feel my strength leaving my body, the shadows starting to flood the room. Thomas was losing control.

- I know I shouldn't have...-

-You shouldn't have done what!? My decision is final, Cami agreed, you have nothing to change. Be happy that Cami didn't let me use the real jewels on you... He was now only a few centimeters away from me, his words made my heart ache. Once I would have been his friend, I would have really adored him, but now... now I see that he is nothing I would want...

- Use it. I say, my voice solemn even though my eyes were stinging with tears.

-What? it seems that my short statement took him by surprise.

- The jewel. Use it on me.

- I think you've gone crazy..-

- No, I think you're right, I caused this and I should be punished. So use it, use it on me and enjoy your cold heart seeing my suffering, enjoy yourself, just don't force others...

-Stella..- Thomas tried to say something but I interrupted him, his expression angrier than before

-Shut up, I'm not going to listen to any more insults from you. All my life I wondered what I did to make you hate me so much...I still do, I don't know what I did to you but I hope it was worth every second I had to put up with you. But let me tell you something, you are no better than any blood witch trying to kill us. So do it, use as many magical jewels as you want on me, but leave the rest alone.

His expression was pale, his eyes dark, the shadows in the room seemed to consume the light and surround us frantically.

-You think I hate you...