I take the blame

<<Riven>>

It's been a week since we learned about Malivore and his powers. Ever since then, all the teachers have been looking for ways to protect Alfeea from the witches' anger. They say they have everything under control, but let's be serious, it's going to be damn hard to stop them.

Since we returned to Alfeea, Musa and I have spent less time together, we still see each other at every class and at training sessions, but I didn't think how hard it would be for me not to have her constantly by my side .

Every night that passes is even harder, I miss the warmth of her body, I miss the way she wrapped her arms around me when we were sleeping... Without her I feel incomplete, my bed feels cold and my soul empty. Having her close felt so natural and normal...

This morning when I went to the fairies' apartment, I was surprised to find out that Musa was not there.

- What do you mean "she's not here"? I ask

- I mean, she's not here. says Stella

-Then where is she?

- How should I know this? Weren't you the one drooling over her? she asks

- I...I don't drool. I said a little embarrassed, was it really that obvious?

-You're right, Riv. says Aisha entering the room. Thank God! It's not that obvious.

-You get hard Aisha says and Stella starts laughing.

- That's not nice! I say annoyed

- No, but it's true. says Aisha.I leave the fairies and head for the exit, but when I put my hand on the door, it opens, Beatrix enters and looks at me

- Riven? Muse is not here. she says

-Why do you think I'm looking for Musa? I ask annoyed

-So you're telling me you're not looking for Musa? I don't say anything and she starts laughing

-I knew it!

- Do you know where she is? I ask rolling my eyes

-Yes, she is on the training ground with Dane.

-With Dane?

- Yes, he came earlier and asked if Musa wanted to train and she accepted. I didn't wait to hear more, I was already out the door. Jealousy and possessiveness ignited inside me. How dare he train with her? How dare he come to her apartment in the first place? When I get my hands on Dane I will kill him. I think that on my way to the training ground I bumped into several specialists, but I didn't care.

Luckily for Dane, when we got there, he wasn't there. It was just Musa sitting on a bench with her headphones on and her eyes closed. I didn't want to disturb her peace, so I sat next to her without making any sound, but as if she felt my presence, she opened her eyes and took off her headphones.

- Riven?

-How was the training? I ask without looking at her

-Um...it was good...I think...

-You think? I ask giggling

-Riv, are you okay? she asks

- Yes, perfectly fine. I say

- You are not good at all if you try to lie to me. she says with a sigh

-Keep your mental shit to yourself. I say a little too harshly

- I don't even need the mental shit to realize that you are not well. she says as she puts on her headphones and leaves. With every step she takes and the distance between us grows, I feel my heart tighten.There is no chance to let her put another step of distance between us. Not now, not ever. I get up from the bench and run after her, without warning her, I lift her on my shoulder.