Malivore?

Previously: 

That book is meant to be shown to the rightful heir to the crown, which means only Musa can get to that book, but now the question is how I will convince her to bring that book without asking me too many questions...

I continue going through my books when I see Musa and Riven enter the room.

<<Musa>>

As Riven and I walked in, I noticed that Thomas was still flipping through those books. He didn't even bother to look at us, unlike his brother James who jumped into my arms to meet me. He is a sweet boy, his green eyes and red hair make him look so adorable. It's been 6 months since I last saw him, his eyes seem greener and the freckles on his face more pronounced.

- I'm James. he says, extending his hand to Riven who seemed a little confused. He looked at the little boy as if he was an unusual creature without doing anything. I nudge Riven who flinches at my touch.

-Oh, um...yeah, oh right...Riven. he says, shaking the boy's hand

-Well, it took you long enough... says James rolling his eyes which made me laugh out loud and burst into giggles

- Ok, not gonna lie, I like you kiddo. Riven says laughing

- Not interested, I have a girlfriend. says James and at this point I was holding on to Riven so I wouldn't fall due to uncontrollable laughter

-Um...that was...interesting. says Riven, holding me from collapsing while I recovered from my laughing fit

-Someone must be the interesting one here. says James and I'm officially in another fit of uncontrollable laughter.

-Did you just call me uninteresting? Riven asks

- I didn't say such a thing. But really, if I'm being honest, the most interesting thing I see in you is this beauty. says James gesturing at me and I continue to laugh uncontrollably even if Riven looks a little annoyed.

-Mus, a little help here? Riven says in a low voice

- Ok, ok, I say.

- Thank you. Riven says relieved

- James, what is Thomas doing? I ask while looking in Thomas's direction. I don't understand what he is hiding from me and why he is doing it. He has never acted like this before and it worries me.

- I don't know, he doesn't talk to me, he's busy with his dubious books. replied James looking bored

-Why don't you go play outside? You can also take Musa and Riven with you. says Thomas

-Yayyy, Mussy are you coming with me? James asks me jumping happily. I don't have time to answer because I'm already being pulled out by James.Riven and I are standing outside on the steps of the cabin watching James play.

- He is a lovely child. Riven says, which catches my attention. I look at him raising my eyebrows.

-Don't look at me like that. he says with a chuckle

-You were literally shocked by him. I say jokingly

-Yeah, yeah, but it's not like that.

-No? I ask, turning to face him

- Of course not, it's just that... he's just... ugh... he says and we both start laughing.

- He is a sweet child, I have known him since he was a baby.

- It means that you have known Thomas for some time. What, 8-9 years?

-Riv, I've known Thomas since we were both literally babies. We grew up together. I say, I don't understand what is between Riven and Thomas, but they are definitely not friends.

We stay outside for a while and when we enter, Thomas and Cami seem to be having an argument

- I told you we had to tell her! Cami says

- Not yet, I still need time! Thomas shouted and then they were interrupted

-Time for what? I'm asking

- Oh, Musa, you came, I didn't hear you coming. says Thomas

-Time for what, Thomas? I ask again

- It's not what it seems, Mus. We were just talking.

-Thomas, nothing is what it seems and you know that well, so tell me, what the hell is going on?

- The witches... Cami started to say but Thomas looked at her and made her swallow her words.

-The witches? What's with the witches? Riven asks

Thomas says nothing.

-Thomas, when did you start hiding things from me? I always spoke openly, what happened now?

- Musa, look, you have to be patient.- I'm tired of being patient...

<<Riven>>

- I'm tired of being patient, says Musa and turns his attention to the table.

-It's there, isn't it? she asks

-Musa, don't. says Thpmas stepping in front of her, but Musa was already doing it. her eyes were golden and one of the books flew off the table with impressive speed. Musa caught the book that was already open. She was reading the book and I saw how the color drained from her face and the questions were written all over her face.

- M-malivore? she stammered

 I am amazed by Musa's reaction. I rarely saw her afraid, she wasn't afraid when she thought she was going to die, excuse me, she wasn't afraid when she almost died, but what happened now? Why was she afraid?

-What the fuck is Malivore?