The old me...

Previously:

 My hands are on his chest, I'm afraid to take my hands, if he will be consumed by the magic...

- You never cease to amaze me... he says so calmly, as if he is not one step away from being thrown into a whirlwind of magic.

-Riven, you can be consumed by magic at any second... I whisper next to his chin. He takes his hand from my hip and brings it up to my hand, taking my hand from his chest and placing it up on his neck

- Then, hold on to me tight, love... he whispers so close to my face that I'm tempted to taste those lipsI take both my hands and wrap them around his neck, my eyes meet his. We sat there lost in each other's eyes for minutes that seem like hours, I didn't want to leave that moment, but we had to. The road will be long and we must leave as soon as possible.

Riven and I are in the car, 4 hours have already passed since we left Alfeea. Neither of us said anything the whole time, Riven was paying attention to the coordinates and I had my headphones on. It's not like I don't enjoy his company, but I can't describe what his company does to me, every time I'm around him I feel like I'm losing control, I hate the way my body reacts to him him, the control he has over me, but I can't imagine what it would be like without him...

The silence in the car gives me the chance to pay attention to the road, the music calms my body while my eyes enjoy the view out the window. Looking at the sky, I see that the further we go, the darker it becomes. 

A storm seems to be forming in the sky, I take my eyes off the window and turn to Riven.

 His left hand grips the steering wheel of the black SUV we are in, and his right hand is placed on the armrest of the seat. His eyes are fixed on the road and I can see some tension in his muscles. Although he tries to look relaxed, his flexed muscles betray him. I take off my headphones and look at him once more.

-Everything okay, love? he asks before I have a chance to say anything. He doesn't even look at me, but I feel how all his attention is directed towards me.

- Yep. That's what I wanted to ask you, are you okay? I asked looking at him

- Yes, I'm fine, a little numb but fine. he says, looking at me for a moment and then turns his gaze to the road

- The sky seems so...dark. I say, still looking out the window

- Let's hope that the storm will avoid us. he says, running a hand through his golden hair

-Where exactly are we going? I ask turning my head towards him

- They are at an abandoned farm. It is the old farm of the Anderson family, they moved 50 years ago so the place is deserted. Cami took care of that farm, put up magical barriers and stuff but they're still not strong enough to not require continuous guarding.

- The situation of magic is getting worse and worse... I say very slowly, in a way I feel guilty for everything that is happening... All those innocent fairies who lose their magic, the thousands of families who suffer... .. I am pulled out of my thoughts by Riven's strong and masculine voice

- Yes, but that doesn't mean we will give up, love, we still have hope.

<<Riven>>

Silence settled again in the car between me and Musa. I'm doing my best to focus on the road and the coordinates I have, but it's damn hard. Musa is next to me, she is so close, so beautiful, so perfect...