The key is mutual trust.

<< Cami >>

Walking through the dark and cold hallways of the school, I feel the constant presence of a shadow, I feel it following me. I am aware of his presence, it is impossible to ignore the chill in the bones caused by his icy gaze.

-You were right. I say looking straight ahead as I walk into my office because I don't know where he is.

-I could feel it. I felt the power that was created between them just from a simple proximity... I didn't... I don't know how I could have missed this before... I think about everything that happened and I can't believe how blind I was was not...

-It's not your fault... says Thomas's voice and in the next moment, shiny particles from the air gather together, and Thomas materializes in front of me. His skin is shining like thousands of tiny diamonds, his eyes a blue portal that can swallow the universe, his blond hair shining in a sun-kissed golden color.

- You had lost the ability of cosmic projection. it is not a question, she affirms this fact. Thomas had lost the ability to project himself using the universe, this required a large amount of magic that he hadn't had in over 6 years...

- It feels good to be able to do it again... he says

-But how? I'm asking

-As you said, you felt their power, my blood was created to serve the royal blood, the prophecy vaguely describes our bond and connection, but as their power increases, we are the first to feel...

-Today they were together.

- I know, otherwise I wouldn't be able to explain. Everything makes sense now, her unpredictably powerful magic, her ability to cheat death, the way she juggles spells without being weakened, even my returning magic...

-At first it wasn't like that, but yes, since Riven appeared in her life, everything has changed. I say sitting down on the sofa

-When she was wounded and poisoned that day, to be honest, I was scared as hell, I really can't explain how she managed to live long enough for us to make the antidote. The amount of poison in her body was immense, it would have killed a normal fairy in a few minutes, but she... she lasted for hours without that antidote...

- Because he was there... I say, the realization hitting. Musa resisted due to Riven's presence.

- Cami, no one, absolutely no one should know about them. As strong as they are together, they can be as weak apart. We must do everything to keep them together.

-Should we tell them?

-No. It's too much pressure, we have to let things happen naturally. We can't risk it.

-Ok, but I will help things, I will make sure that they spend most of the time together

-Good, we need them strong. The witches can attack at any time.

- But I don't understand why... how... I say looking out the window. Thomas raised an eyebrow and looked at me

- If they kill Musa... I can't finish my sentence, the words barely come out. I take a deep breath and try to continue

-The magical universe depends on her life... She dies, every magical being dies. Fairy or not. If they kill her...

- I'm afraid they won't kill her. Thomas interrupted me

-Sorry?

-It's complicated. he says shaking his head frantically.

- Thomas...