2

"I can't believe she chose that bitch over me! She shouldn't show her face to me cause I'm going to give her an earful."

"Relax, sis. No one is choosing nobody. She has practice that's why she's with Heidi. But that doesn't mean that she wants to hang out with her more." Irin consoles her fuming best friend during their break time.

Apparently, Becky asked Freen to eat with her, which is a first, but was turned down when Heidi came fort to fetch the latter. The older girl reluctantly obliged, as she was being called to the faculty room for their overdue practice.

There was something unusual with their lunch without Freen. Everyone was so used to having her around, especially Becky, who even forgot that she had to buy her own food then, because the older was not around to do it for her.

Their friends just remained quietly watching the girl who only played with her food, obviously pissed off.

The silence on their table broke with a message notification. Becky quickly looked at her phone, creasing her forehead more, seeing the name on the screen.

Tss. Now, she's texting me, after hours of abandoning me. She rolled her eyes before opening the message.

From: Freen

Sorry, I can't take you home today, Princess. Kru Engfa asked Heidi and I to continue practicing up to later today. I don't want you to wait. I asked Heng to fetch you instead and take you home. Be safe.

The contents of the message made her lose her appetite more, so she decided to leave. Storming off the cafeteria without excusing herself.

For the remainder of the classes, she was clearly out of it. Her mind kept on flying to a certain someone, thinking of whether she already ate, if she's already tired, if she was wiping her sweat. Tsk! She'll surely get sick if she doesn't! She's the best at taking care of others, but she sucks at taking care of herself. So, she made a mental note to bring her food, water, and a face towel after class.

Then, she remembered that the bitch, Heidi, was with Freen. She would for sure try to make a move on her. What if she sticks with her in duration of their practice, wrapping herself around the girl, like the snake she is. That thought made her frown.

She really has to go see Freen during her practice. She can't trust that snake won't try to bite while they were alone.

To: Freen

Class is dismissed. I'm going to wait for you. I don't want to go home alone. Don't leave without me.

She made sure to inform Heng that he wouldn't need to send her home anymore because she has somewhere else to go, before proceeding to the venue.

Becky stayed in the far corner of the covered court, as she watched the contestants practice. She was holding a face towel and a water bottle on her lap as she watched eagerly. She went alone, for she was sure that their friends will take it the wrong way and accuse her of liking Freen, because of it.

She doesn't! She's just very possessive of what she owns. She hates it when people try to take what's hers. And Freen, as the girl, herself always claims, is Rebecca Patricia Armstrong's.

Freen looks great. She'll give her that. She has a very intimidating yet intriguing aura that gets to the audience. She is very charismatic too. Even with just a practice, she was already taking breaths away.

Becky frowned, as she heard girls screaming as they saw Freen and boys looking mesmerized by her, but what made her blood boil was when she saw Heidi wiping Freen's sweat and taking care of her, as soon as the latter gets backstage. The fact that Freen didn't even see Becky, added to this irritation.