5

Reminiscing how childish and silly they were in the past made Rebecca smile. How she wishes that everything remained like that. Bickerings and misunderstandings aside, she's sure they were happy, unlike now.

It's been a few years after they graduated in high school. No one else still knows about their real relationship aside from their families, they didn't divulge the information even to their friends. It was her idea before, but she regrets it greatly nowadays, as more and more bitches are trying to grab her woman. She couldn't actually blame them, Freen is definitely a catch, she's beautiful, smart, rich, a gentlewoman, caring, and very very charismatic. These are the very characteristics of her wife that she hates the most. Why does she have to be so nice?

Freen is the epitome of a green flag. Anyone would be lucky to have her. Becky was just blind not to see that early on.

Now, everything about them is complicated. They barely talk. Freen almost doesn't acknowledge her presence anymore. She knows she still cares about her though, through the subtle ways that she uses to take care of her even from afar. But, she misses their old dynamics. She misses the touchy and clingy Freen, but she can't blame anyone else but herself, because she was the one who made the girl aloof.

It started at an incident in a bar she frequented. She was so stupid. She was drunk and jealous that day in the bar. She hated when her wife's attention was on someone else. But whose fault was it, when she didn't let Freen sit with her. She went there with her friends, while the older just followed to make sure she's safe. When they got there, she made it a point to tell her not to sit with them. She partied and enjoyed her night like she wasn't taken, flirting left and right, knowing her wife is just around the corner, watching her, silently hurting. That's what she intended. She wanted Freen to give her up, that's why she kept doing that. She did things that she knows the other girl hates, to piss her off. Hell, she always wore revealing clothes to hit a nerve, but the girl, who knows she has no say about it, only quietly follows her around like a dog, making sure she's safe. She even cancels any meetings or important arrangements, when its about her.

She was already past her drinking limit when she noticed that her wife was surrounded by 4 women, all obviously have the hots for her. By the way they look at her, it was like they were ready to pounce any minute. But, sadly, the said girl looks clueless of all the hints they were trying to throw.

Though Freen is obviously not entertaining them, Becky was triggered when she touched one of them to fix the girl's hair.

She marched straight to their table, pulling her wife out of the bar.

When they got out, Becky's anger got the best of her, as she told her things she now regret. She insulted her, a lot. She also told her a lot of hurtful words, especially emphasizing that she would never like her, let alone love her, no matter what she does.

She was hurt. The younger saw it from her expression, but she took it like a champ, as always, trying to calm her down, before saying, "I know, Bb. But, while you still have no one in your life, let me take care of you. I am not asking anything in return. Just let me love you." Then, she smiled.

Damn that smile! Rebecca knows she's hurting but she always try to hide it with a smile.

That night ended with Freen sending her wife's drunk ass home, even if she continued to rant at her after what she said.