21

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Little Becky ran towards a group of older kids who were obviously bullying a girl their age. The girl is now crouched on the floor of the playground crying. She quickly approached them, hiding the other behind her small frame.

"Keep out of this shorty." One of the bullies mocked her laughing.

"I AM NOT SHORT!" Though she didn't understand Thai a lot yet, she knows that he called her short. This made her angry triggering her kick him, making him stumble on the ground.

"Oh now you're getting it." The boy said, as he was getting up, obviously mad. He was about to hit her. That made Becky step backwards, afraid of the results of her actions.

Suddenly, she felt hands pulling her and a body covering her with a warm hug, one hand securing her head and the other gently placed on her waist, making her heart skip a beat.

But before the bully could land a punch, she heard her brother come to her rescue.

"Hey! What are you doing to my sister?!" Richie arrived just in time, frightening the rest of the kids, because with his foreign blood, he was taller than them.

He ran towards them ready to throw hands for his little sister, which made the bullies run away.

Everything happened so fast that Becky remained stoic, even after the other person let go of the hug.

"Hey, sis. You alright?" Richie tried to get her attention by snapping his fingers in front of her.

"Oh, yeah. I'm good. Thank you, Richie."

"Ar-are you alright?" She finally got to look at the person she saved as she finally acknowledged her presence.

She was met with the most expressive eyes she's ever seen and the softest features resembling an angel.

And for the second time that day, her heart skipped a beat. Does this mean she has a heart disease? She should tell her mom about this later. She reminded herself.

The older girl shyly looked at the siblings before answering with a nod. "I-I'm okay. Th-thank you." She replied in English shyly, with her head bowed, avoiding eye contact.

This made Richie chuckle.

"You're cute. No need to be shy, we don't bite. And we're half-Thai, no need to use English." He told her warmly, irritating the youngest.

"Btw, I'm Richie and this is my baby sister Becky." He continued, putting his hand on top of Becky's head playfully.

"Hey! Let my head go!" Becky loudly said, trying to get his hand off, hitting him afterwards. Typical sibling love expression.

This action made their companion chuckle lightly.

"Oh... You're smiling. You look prettier when you smile." Richie told her honestly.

"Yes. Yes, she is." Becky thought, smiling while looking at the still nameless girl.

"I'm Freen." She finally said, extending her arm for a handshake.

Becky took it quickly before her brother can. Smirking at him.

Her hands are soft and warm. She thought.

"I'm Becky. Let's be friends, Phi." Her statement made the girl's smile wider, as she finally has a friend, friends at that.

They hung out for the remainder of the time, before heading home, and weird enough, they were heading to the same place. They eventually found out that they live just across each other.

The next day, they found out that their parents are old friends solidifying their newly formed friendship. Starting that day, they always stuck together.

As time flew by, Becky and Freen became closer. They were practically best friends. They knew everything about each other. Becky also became Freen's protector, till finally, bullies stopped bothering Freen.

While Freen and Richie have always been together in school as they were classmates, making their schoolmates assume that they were together during high school. They were also very close which somehow irritated the youngest.

One fine day, Becky woke up late, again. Good thing it was Saturday.

She headed downstairs only to be welcomed by an unpleasant sight. Richie and Freen are hanging out in the garden. They were painting. "Were" because when she got there, they were already playing with each other. Playfully running after one another with paint brushes aimed at each other.

Honestly speaking, anyone who would see them now or even at times they are together, would think that the two are in a relationship.

They just click. They have the same hobbies. They like the same things. They always hang out with each other. They can talk about everything with one another. So what's stopping them from being together.

This was also exactly what their parents were thinking, as they also noticed the cute scene with Becky.

She doesn't know why, but she couldn't keep on looking at them like that. It was making her blood boil. "Oh no, you don't." She said in her mind, before proceeding to where they were.

"Ahem!"

She made sure that she was loud enough to get their attention, stopping them.

"Becbec!" Her best friend quickly acknowledged her presence running to her to give her her morning hug and kisses. It's just something they came up with when they were younger, and honestly, it lessened her initial irritation.

"Hey sis!" Richie also went to her enveloping her with a hug. So, basically, the two were hugging her side by side.

"Yah! It's hot. Let go." She bitchily said, leaving the two, who followed her to the dining room where they happily ate brunch together with their parents.