24

A new start. A new life. That was what Freen sought for as she traveled with no clear direction.

She left their hometown after withdrawing a hefty amount of money and buying a new car. She wanted to start anew in a place that would give her peace of mind. She made sure not to leave a trace. She knew it was selfish and that her loved ones would surely come and look for her, but she just can't stay in the same place as Becky and her lover, well at least not yet.

That's where her journey started. She drove and drove until she got into a far town which looked like it was far from civilization. Maybe, this can be the place she begins again. A humble quiet place in the middle of nature.

So, she looked for a place to stay. While travelling she decided that she wanted to leave everything behind. To make sure that she can start over, she ended up faking her identity. She gave the villagers a new name, telling them that she is Sam and that she is just a simple orphaned girl looking for a place to stay. The story made them pity her, quickly accepting her in their place.

As Freen was not spoiled by her parents, she got used to life in the small town and got along with everyone right away.

She bought a simple house and a rented a place which she turned into a greenhouse slash flower shop. She bought flowers and seedlings along the way. Thinking that this could be one way to earn a living, as she is also fond of planting as well.

In the first few months of staying in the said place, she felt at ease. She felt at peace. Though she still remembers Becky every single day, she tried to get her mind off of her by working her ass off. She also painted in her free time, or helped the villagers in random stuff just to busy herself.

Honestly speaking, provincial life has been good to her. She was able to fully adapt to it fast. She is even considering staying there for good. The calm and quiet surroundings and the feel of nature was slowly healing her mind. It was beginning to make her feel a lot less burdened by her past. She felt contented. She felt at home.

In the short time she stayed in the small town, she already gained numerous suitors and admirers, both male and female. But, coming from an intense heartbreak, she can't seem to open her heart for anyone else. She knew that she was technically single now, knowing that Becky would've surely signed and processed their divorce papers right away, but her heart remained loyal to her first love.

But there were still persistent ones who remained and tried to pursue her daily like the kid, Prim and the guy named Bright.

Prim is a cute kid who helped her out in her shop, kinda like a part-time worker. She was with her most of the time, which might have been the reason why the girl thought she liked her. Kinda cute, but she thinks it's just a simple crush, seeing how she would often catch her looking at hear dreamily, then quickly looking away blushing when caught. She is really pretty and sometimes reminds her of her wife when they were in their teens.

Bright on the other hand is the handsome son of the town's mayor. He was one of those who helped her settle when she just got there. He helped her find a place to stay and buy furniture and stuff. Weird enough, after the few days they spent together, the guy kept on coming back, visiting her. Eventually helping her get a place to make into a greenhouse and flower shop. Going out of his way accompanying her to buy seedlings and other flowers to plant. He's a nice guy, happy to be with. He never fails to put a smile on her face, but still can't help to feel shallow at the end of the day.

But as she has already told everyone who tried their luck, as of the moment, she's not yet ready to open up her heart to anyone. Not when it's still in Bangkok with the woman she married. But who knows, maybe someday she'll get to fall in love again.