33

People may say that I am stupid. They are free to think that I am a masochist for loving someone who obviously doesn't and will never love me. I have been told countless of times, by my friends, that I should just give up and find someone who will willingly reciprocate my feelings. But they don't know her. They don't know the reason why I fell for her. They don't know about us. Only we know about what we have. Though she changed suddenly and drastically, I believe that the girl who I fell in love with is still inside of her.

Becky is an introvert. She never let's people in so easily, which was why her family wondered how I easily got to break through her tough shell.

We were young kids, so innocent, so sincere. She, and her brother Richie, were the only ones who stood by my side when the others bullied me for my difference. They had no clue about the reason, they don't even go to the same middle school, but they stood up for me. Always sending me to and fetching me from school. This was due to Becky's insistence. Always bugging her brother who happily agrees to her every whim. With them by my side, the problem subsided. Especially when Richie transfered to my school after a year. He did so as he said that he wanted to make sure that I am always safe. Becky was so annoyed by the fact that her parents allowed her brother to attend the public school I go to but she was stuck in her private international school. Well, no one can blame her parents though, Becky is kinda gifted. She's very smart. A vhild protegé, as others refer to it. Which is why she had to go to a school that can cater to her needs. This is to make sure that she can achieve her full potential. I, on the other hand, was sent to public high schools since I was young because my parents didn't want me to grow up spoiled.

But, after years of convincing. Becky was able to go to the same school as Richie and I in high school. She was so happy, even bragging to her brother that she can finally take me back, as she said that her brother was trying to take me away by spending more time with me. She even promised to gatekeep me earning a scowl from her brother. And boy, did she live up to that promise. She was always with me every opportunity she gets. Even if we weren't on the same grade, I'm sure as hell that I spend more time with her than her brother who is my actual classmate. She memorized my class schedule. Always making sure that she's already right outside our classroom's door as soon as the bell rang, sticking her tongue out to her brother in victory.

Even when we were not in school, we spent majority of our time together. Hanging out. Playing with each other. Watching movies. Eating out. Having sleep overs. Wherever one went, the other is too. We were practically attached on the hip.

Becky is a very clingy person. She loves hugs, mumus, and cluddles. She seem bitchy and rude to people who aren't close to her but with us, she's just a baby. She loves being pampered and treated like a princess. Sometimes, she resembles a kitten or a puppy. That was her personality.

Aside from this, she was also very brave since we were kids. I admit that I was a weakling and a crybaby, and Becky, though she is very feminine, has been my knight in shining armor for a lot of times, saving me from bullies, from my clumsiness, or even from situations I didn't like.

Though she is the reason why I often cried, she was also the reason behind my smiles. She makes me happy. Everything she does. All efforts she makes. And everytime she goes out of her way for me are what made me fall for her. She scolds me like a mother and holds me like a lover. Even if she never admits that she still cares for me, but everytime she scolds me for not taking care of myself, hugging me close when I break down because of stress, and her secretly leaving food on my desk whenever I am too busy to eat, proves otherwise.

So no one has the right to judge her or me for falling in love with her. Because they have no idea how much better my life became when she arrived.