47

Freen decided that it was time to have an open and honest conversation with Prim and Bright. They deserved to know about the complexities of her past and the current situation with Becky. So, one evening, as they sat together in the cozy living room of their shared cottage, Freen gathered the courage to speak her truth.

"Prim, Bright," Freen began, her voice trembling with emotion, "I need to talk to you about something that has been weighing heavily on my heart." She took a deep breath and continued, "You both met Becky, right? But I haven't told you about our history together."

With a sigh, Freen continued, "You see, Becky was my childhood best friend. I barely had friends when I was younger because I was treated as an outcast being an intersex or a person who has both male and female genitals."

Just the beginning of her story earned Freen a gasp and questioning looks from the two who couldn't help but look at each other with confusion, before turning their attention back at her.

"Becky and her brother, Richie, protected me and they became my best friends from then on. Soon enough we discovered that our parents were also close friends, that's how our connection became deeper. The three of us spent almost every hour of every day together, playing and talking and sleeping over each other's houses. We were all fond of each other, especially his brother of me and I of her. But seeing that Becky didn't have any interest on me, our parents used to ship me with her brother, joking around, saying that they'll have us married one day to strengthen our companies. Much to my dismay, as I was developing feelings for the younger. We never thought that the joke would eventually come true as I heard our father's conversation one day about how their family is about to go bankrupt. So, I decided to ask my father for help, but he initially refused, saying that it was too much of a risk for us if we help them without a collateral, even if they are their friends. Which led me to come up with a solution - offering marriage. This would mean that our families would be bound together forever. Gladly they agreed. Becky and I married young. Much to her protest. She was mad. She got so mad about the situation and me, for accepting the arrangement, saying that I was taking advantage because I like her. That's when she changed. Right then and during our marriage, she treated me bad. She threatened me not to tell anyone about our marriage at school. She constantly insulted me, hurt me physically, dated another guy to hurt my feelings. And she obviously wanted out of our marriage, but I can do or say nothing about the reason of our set-up. So, I endured. I treated her like a queen during our marriage, like how I used to. I had everything prepared for her every day. I cook for her, though she barely ever eat it. I wash her clothes and iron them. I clean after her. I take her to and fro school, though she always scolds me because she hated it. I tried to take everything, thinking that she would eventually warm up to me and at least treat me like her friend again. But, I was wrong, years after and nothing changed, until she did some things that hurt me so bad that I decided to leave her. Leaving her with signed divorce papers. Finally setting her free. That lead me here."

Prim and Bright nodded, their expressions filled with sadness and understanding.

Prim was the first to recover, hugging Freen tight, while rubbing her back. This finally made the girl break down and cry.

"Oh, Tee Rak. You don't deserve any of that." She too was crying now.

Bright can feel his heart constrict with pain because of what the woman he loves told them. He could only wipe away her tears, and kiss her in the forehead.

"You were so brave, my love. I am so proud of you for your kindness and for enduring everything. But, as Prim said, you didn't deserve any of that. You deserve the world."

The three were engulfed with silence and sadness, as the two waited for the girl to calm down, ever patient and understanding to the one they both love.

----

"There is something else I have to tell the two of you. I don't want to hurt you and to lead you on, because Becky came with unexpected news that would greatly affect me and my future decision."

The two only patiently waited for what the Freen has to say.

"Apparently, while I was gone, Becky realized how badly she treated me and how wrong she was. She also realized, according to her, that she was and is still in love with me, and she was too blinded by immaturity and anger to realize it sooner. So, she has been looking for me for months now to reconcile and atone for all her mistakes."

Prim and Bright only remained silent with the new revelation, thinking of this will affect them too. The woman who Freen has loved all her life has looked for her and admitted that she is in love with her too.

This made them feel like a hallow was on their chest, but what Freen has to say next made it more painful.

Freen took a deep breath before saying that, "Becky also said that she never signed the divorce papers and that we are still married.  She also revealed that she is pregnant with our baby."

The bomb that Freen dropped made her two suitor's world stop from spinning as they realized how far this will push them away from Freen's heart and mind.