27

It was a lazy morning on a Sunday. Freen, as a Catholic decided not to open her shop on that day. So, she was stuck at home doing nothing, thinking of her life and where she is supposed to go from here.

A knock from her front door took her out of her reverie.

"Hey! I cooked something for you." A girl with a sweet smile plastered on her beautiful face appeared in front of her.

Before she can even invite the girl in, she quickly let herself in, walking staright to the kitchen, like she owned the house.

What a weird kid. She is very shy in front of other people. She barely interacts with others, but when she's with Freen, she can be a very confident and outgoing person. Freen can only scratch the back of her head as she watched her transfer the food she brought to another bowl.

"So, I was kinda wondering if you wanna go outside with me?" She asked afterwards.

"Where?" Freen curiously asked in return before getting a spoon and tasting the food the girl brought.

She should admit, it tastes good. The girl is a great cook. She has been bringing her food for quite a while, and she never disappoints.

"Just at the bookstore and the café. You know, just chill during our day off."

"Oh, Okay." She agreed, which made the other happily squeel, clapping her hands in the process. This made Freen smile.

"She looks so much prettier without her glasses." She thought. Not that she doesn't look gorgeous while wearing them. It's just that, you can see her face better without it.

"Cool! I'll let you eat first. Be back in a jiffy." The girl quickly left, not before stealing a kiss from her cheeks.

The action shocked Freen, and she needed a few seconds before she can react, slowly touching the cheek she kissed.

"Cheeky little kid. Tsk. Tsk." Calm down, Freen. She said to herself, tapping her chest to contain her rapidly beating heart.

---

"So, Sam, did you have fun hanging out with me? I promise, if you date me, we'll have so much more fun." The younger said grinning.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me P' Sam or Khun Sam, kid?" I asked, playfully pinching both her cheeks.

"Well, how many times do I have to tell you I'm not a kid anymore. And, no else is with us, so I'm not calling you that. I do call you P' Sam in front of other people though. Be happy with that." She said teasing me with her tongue before running away.

She has to say, the day she spent with her was a lot of fun. It made her mind wander off her problems. Whenever she's with Prim, her day just brightens. Her smile is so contagious. She is like the rainbow after the rain.

People might say what they did was boring, looking into a bookstore, reading side by side, giving their opinions about books they read. Reading the new books they bought in a café. Plain old boring. But it wasn't. It was calming. Others may consider this as the least ideal date, as the kid referred to this as one, but for her it isn't. It was peaceful and it had made her heart feel at ease.

Though she will never tell her, Freen feels so attached to the girl. She feels like she has known her for a long time. She feels connected to her.

They have the same likes and dislikes. They have the same hobbies. She is great to hang out with. They never run out of topics to talk about. They are very much compatible with each other, believe it or not. And she never fails to make her smile with her bold advances and cheeky flirting.

If she was not broken, if her heart was already available, who knows, Freen might've tried to work things out with her.