23

"Ugh. My head hurts like hell." Freen mumbled, having a hard time opening her eyes.

She tried getting up, only to feel another body entangled on her.

"Shit! Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!" She thought, as numerous questions crossed her mind.

She's quickly regaining her consciousness, making her aware of her surroundings.

She can feel the warmth of the body pressed on her and hear the sound of the soft snores coming from the person she's with. And she can also feel that both of them are naked under the sheets.

"Fuck!"

She doesn't even want to open her eyes anymore at this point, afraid of what awaits her. Did she have a one night stand? Did she betray her wife? She can't! She shouldn't. She knows that Becky doesn't have a bit of feelings for her, but she's the only one for her. She doesn't want anyone else but her.

Gathering all the courage she has, she decided to face her reality. When she opened her eyes, she was shocked to find herself inside a familiar place.

"Wait a minute, this is my room! Then who is this?"

Imagine the horror she felt seeing her wife lying beside her. Did they do it last night? Did she force her?

"Oh God! What happened? How did I end up here? Why are we both naked beside each other?" She tried to recall the previous events only to be slapped by the realization of how her wife threw her out and emphasized to her how delusional she is and that she will never fall in love with her.

"She wanted nothing to do with me. I am a burden and an obstacle in her life. I am a hindrance to her happiness. How can I have been so selfish tying her down in a marriage that she never wanted. She deserves her freedom. She deserves happiness. She deserves to be with the one she loves. She has suffered long enough by staying with me. Maybe, it's time to let her go. I owe her this much."

She looked intently at her beautiful sleeping wife before kissing her forehead softly. She then slowly got up, freeing herself from the younger's embrace, making sure not to wake her up. While leaving the bed, she saw a red stain on the bed, a proof of her wife's purity. This means she was a virgin before last night. If that's the case, then why did she previously lied to Freen saying that she gave her first to her boyfriend?

Freen didn't have time to contemplate about it though, because she knew that Becky might wake up soon, and she would surely not like what she would see, so she had to move fast. With that, she packed her clothes and other important belongings, before getting a document she had prepared prior their fight - divorce papers.

She loves Becky, so much that it hurts. So much that she's willing to give her everything, especially her happiness, even if it costs her own. Even if she had to lose her in the process. But she is not the strongest warrior. She cannot stay close to her and lose her at the same time, so she had to leave. She owes this to herself.

She took a last glace at her sleeping wife, losing to herself, as she went back and approached her and gave the sleeping girl a final kiss of goodbye.

She hoped that one day, she will be strong enough to come back. But for now, she needed time. She needed time to heal herself and move on from the heartbreak called Rebecca Patricia Armstrong.

With a final glimpse, she quickly left the room, signed the divorce papers, and left a note before leaving the house she formerly called a home. Leaving all her painful memories. Leaving her heart behind.