30

"Good morning, my Sunshine!" I brought you some home-made dishes my mom cooked. A beaming Bright announced as he arrived in Freen's flower shop.

"Oh. Good morning to you too, Bright." Freen replied with a smile.

"Please, tell your mom that I said thank you." She added, taking the food from the guy.

"To what do I owe your visit, Mr. Sunshine?" She teasingly calls him thag to get back at him calling her sunshine. Suits him better though, his name is Bright and he like a ray of sunshine in her life.

"Well, I have a good news. I got you a big client." He started. "The governor's daughter is getting married and I kinda recommended your shop to be the one to supply the flowers to be used for the occasion."

"Oh my gosh. Thank you, Bright. You're the best!" Freen sincerely said, before launching herself to hug him.

In the short period of time that they've been together, they have become really close. She doesn't know why, but she feels very comfortable with the guy that she doesn't mind having skinships with him.

This was the scene that Prim saw when she entered the shop from the green house. And oh boy, it immediately made her see red.

With gritted teeth she strode towards the two hugging figure, clearing her throat loudly, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

The two quickly separated and faced the newcomer.

"Oh, hey there, shorty." Bright smirked at the girl who was throwing him dagger eyes.

"Ah, Nong Prim. Are you done with watering the plants?" Freen nervously asked as she felt the obvious tension between the two.

"I just finished, bunny." There she is again with her never ending endearments.

"Uh, great. We just received a new order. Would you mind making the arrangement? It's a bouquet of tulips and daisies."

"I would love to, but I think you need to come with me to the back. There seems to be a problem with the carnation you recently planted." The girl replied.

"Oh, is that so? Okay."

"Bright, would you mind waiting for me so we can eat the food you brought?" Freen asked with a smile.

"Who can even refuse you if you smile at them like that? I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes, princess." He replied with a wink, obviously, with a double meaning.

"Whatever, silly. Be back in a jiffy." She said, hitting his arm slightly because of his remark.

Freen looked back to where Prim stood a few minutes ago expecting that they'd go at the back together, only to find that the girl wasn't there anymore. Weird. Why'd she go so quickly? She didn't even wait for me.

When she arrived at the green house, she felt awkward because of the obvious sullen mood of the younger. She had a deep frown in her face while she prepared the flowers she needed to arrange.

Thinking that the girl needed space, Freen proceeded to look at the carnations that Prim referred to earlier. When she was finished and gained enough courage, she approached the younger slowly.

"Uhm, is there a problem, kid?" She started, only to be thrown daggers by the way the girl looked at her.

The girl just sighed and looked at her with sad eyes.

"Tss. Now you're asking after ignoring me because of that guy. I can't believe you'd invite him to eat here. Eating together in the shop is our thing. How could you just let him think it's okay to join you in meals?" Prim could only think of replying with this but before she could, she realized that she had no right to be mad.

"Nothing, P' Sam. Don't worry about it." She finally replied before finally tying a ribbon to the bouquet.

She knew the girl was lying, and she hated seeing frown, so Freen approached her, holding both of the girl's arms softly to make her face her.

She called her P' Sam and they're alone. Something is surely bugging her. Freen thought.

"I now there's something bothering you, so please tell me."

They were silent for a while as the girl tried to avoid her gaze. Realizing she won't drop the subject, she eventually replied.

"It's just that, I thought having meals together here in the shop was our thing and now you were inviting P' Bright. Maybe, I'm just not that good with changes and so... It's really nothing. I'm just being silly, forget about it."

Before Freen can reply, Prim took the bouquet she made and left.

Freen tried to go after her afterwards but the girl proceeded to deliver the flowers leaving without saying goodbye. It was the first time since they worked together that Prim didn't eat with her. Though she enjoyed having a meal with Bright, it felt kinda off. Maybe, this was what Prim was referring to. I hope she ate elsewhere though. Sigh.