12

When she woke up next, it was already dark. She slowly stood up from the sofa, everything disheveled. Her hair was a mess, her eyes were puffy, her center still sore, but what hurts most is her heart, which literally felt like it was breaking.

Why is it so dark in here? Is Freen not home yet?

Oh, right. She's gone. I lost her. I pushed her away. I hurt her so much that she hit breaking point and finally gave up.

Good for her. Who would want to be with a meanie anyway? I can't even take care of myself, so how can I call myself her wife, when I barely did the role?

Thinking back to our time together, I realized how selfish and cruel I was to her, and how much lacking I was as a partner, if she can even consider me that.

Maybe, what she did was right. Maybe, she's just trying to save not only me, but herself as well.

Those were the thoughts clouding up the poor girls' mind for a good few minutes.

She was taken out of her reverie when she saw the envelope that came with the note from earlier. She hesitantly picked it up and slowly took out its contents.

As soon as she saw the headings of the document, she dropped it.

Divorce papers. That's what it is.

She's really determined to leave me. She even want to end this marriage. The only thing remaining that binds us. She thought.

When she looks back to their memories together, she realized that it seems like there was not a day in her life without her by her side.

Freen has been with her since her earliest memory, taking care of her and loving her since they were children. With their parents being best of friends, they spent most of their time together. Though she has always been a brat to her, Freen never got tired of being with her.

Well, not until now.

How was she going to live without Freen by her side? She can't imagine life without her. Just thinking about it make her feel like going crazy. Like she suddenly lost her will to live. Like everything lost meaning.

It seems like they were right when they said that you'll only know a person's importance when they're gone. And she was stupid enough to lose the person who always stayed, who she never wanted but needed in her life - her Freen, her wife.