46

Richie had been tirelessly searching for his missing sister, Becky, who was pregnant and had disappeared without a trace. As the days turned into weeks, his worry grew, and he felt an overwhelming sense of urgency to find her and ensure her safety.

One evening, he received an unexpected lead about Freen, Becky's wife and his best friend. It was a small flower shop on the a village quite far from their town. Richie arrived at the location, and as the bell above the door chimed, he was met with the gentle scent of flowers and the sight of Freen tending to a colorful arrangement.

Richie's heart pounded as he recognized Freen, not noticing his sister, Becky, arranging flowers not far from the girl. He was both shocked and relieved to finally find the girl he has been looking for for months. He engulfed his best friend with a tight hug, expressing his feelings.

"Freen," Richie began, his voice filled with a mix of emotions, "I've been searching for you everywhere. You got all of us worried, especially Becky. She has been looking for you nonstop, asking for all of us, you family and friends, for help. She posted ads for missing persons and even went to radios and TV stations to find you. She barely ate and slept the first few days. She was devastated, maybe, if she didn't find out that she was pregnant, she would've neglected herself more, just to find you. Speaking of which, Becky is also missing. She's been gone for weeks. I'm so worried about that brat. She took off knowing that she's pregnant. I don't know where to find her, and I'm afraid she's in trouble."

Freen can feel his emotions as Richie mumbled continuously, her eyes wide with surprise discovering that Becky took off without informing anyone as soon as she got a lead about where to find her.

Becky on the other hand, looked at her brother with a mixture of happiness, guilt, and though she hates to admit, small hint of jealousy, seeing how he hugged her wife.

Becky stepped forward, her voice quivering. "Richie, I'm here."

Richie's initial shock gave way to a wave of relief as he realized that his sister was safe. He embraced Becky, his worry and frustration slowly transforming into gratitude. "Becky, I've been so worried. I didn't know where you were or what had happened."

Becky nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm sorry for leaving without notice. I was just so lost. I was so worried about my wife and our child. I couldn't just stay still and wait for her to be found. I had to find Freen and make things right between us. It's just that a lot of things happened so I wasn't able to contact anyone after I found her."

Freen, who had been listening, stepped forward, her eyes filled with a mix of concern and remorse. "Becky, I had no idea... I'm so sorry that you had to experience so much when I was gone. I'm sorry for everything. Sorry for burdening you so much, especially during a very sensitive stage of your pregnancy. I didn't know you had to go through a lot just to fine me."

Becky nodded, and her voice wavered as she replied, "I know, Freen. But I had no choice. We needed to find each other. We needed to talk and resolve things. The moment I found out about our baby, I knew I can't go through this pregnancy without you. I know I can't let you and this baby live without each other. I owe you both that much."

Richie saw the genuine concern in Freen's eyes and the depth of emotion between the two women. He realized that their bond was strong, and that, despite their past, they still cared deeply for each other.

The three of them left the flower shop, united by the common goal of supporting Becky during her pregnancy and resolving the issues that had led to their separation. They knew that it wouldn't be easy, but they were willing to work together to ensure Becky's well-being and happiness.