31

"Ugh! I can't do this anymore. I'm so sleepy!" Becky exclaimed before settling her head on her folded arms on top of Freen's study table.

Freen can only shake her head while chuckling looking at the other girl's antics.

They are both in high school, the younger being accelerated a few years because of the advanced curriculum from the international school she attended in middle school. This totally worked for their advantage as they were only 2 years apart in school, meaning they have more time together as school mates. They have been studying together for a while now as it is finals week. Actually, it's more like, she is tutoring the younger who obviously is not that fond of studying.

Just in time the doorbell rang and she knew that the problem is solved.

She silently left the room and headed straight to the door to get her order.

Freen proceeded to quietly sit back down looking at the still bored and sullen girl before clearing her throat and putting a straw on the cup she's holding. The sound of the straw puncturing a hole on the cover was enough to make her companion quickly raise her head and look at her.

"Cha Nong!" She exclaimed excitedly, looking at the drink she just grabbed from the other girl's hand, like it was to most precious thing in the world.

"Hmm... You really know what I need. Thank you so much, babe!" She happily said before hugging her friend and giving her a thank you kiss on her cheek. The said action making the said girl blush profusely.

"I... Uhh... Anything for you, baby." She shyly said, avoiding the Becky's eyes. "So, can we continue with our review now, seems like you have fully charged your energy now, Milk Tea Monster." She continued teasingly to cover her shyness.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. It's not like you didn't recharge with my hug." The younger teased back before taking another sip on her drink.

Well, it was some kind of a thing between them since they were younger. Freen usually asks for a hug from the girl for comfort whenever she's tired or feeling down. Becky, on the other hand, likes to cling to her Phi or ask for Mumu as encouragement.

Before answering, Freen just decided to flick the girl's forehead lightly receiving a whine from her. "Don't change the topic, kid. Focus, now and answer this. You know, I don't even know why I'm tutoring you every exams when you actually have better grades than me though you're lazy."

"Well, what can I say, I'm a genius." Becky replied laughing. "But kidding aside, you know I suck at Math, right? And our teacher doesn't actually explain well, so I need to help me "Ms. Best in Mathematics" for consecutive years now. And besides, I get to hang out with you even on exam week with this excuse instead of being bored to death and reviewing in my own room. Making this a win for me." She stuck her tongue out slightly with her silly reasoning.

"Tsk. A win for you and a loss for me. You've been disturbing my peaceful study time for years now, little girl. You even eat all of my snacks and mess up my room. Not to mention that you take up most of my bed's space and my blanket when we sleep." Freen said, sounding pissed, though deep inside she actually loves how the girl admitted that she was just making up excuses to spend time with her. This thought made her giddy inside. Maybe. Maybe, there's actually a chance. Maybe, she could feel the same way. The young Freen hopefully thought.

"Aww. Stop sulking, sweetheart. I know you love me." Becky straightforwardly said, winking at the girl who's now on the verge of hyperventilating with the way her crush is flirting at her. "Oh, I know. I'll just kiss you as a payment."

After saying that, the younger put her almost empty drink down and held the older's face with both hands, slowly moving her face closer with puckered lips.

Panic. That was what Freen felt as she saw the face of the person who her heart beats for coming closer and closer. She felt like time suddenly stopped. Is this really happening? Will this be their first kiss?

"No!" Her mind loudly said, as she quickly stood and ran away from the girl. She can't allow their first kiss to be because of a mere joke.

To hide her feelings, she shouted as she ran. "Yuck! Becky, get away from me. Mom, she's raping me!"

Becky on the other hand ran after her laughing her ass out, thinking that they were just playing. "Hey! Babe, come back! I'm still not done yet. I haven't given you a proper thank you for tutoring me."

They ran and ran around inside the Chankimha mansion, tickling each other and laughing like they had no care about the world. How Freen wishes their relationship remained like that, because a few years after that, everything changed. Becky suddenly became cold and distant to her. She also started treating her bad, especially when she found out that Freen had feelings for her.

"Sigh. Becky, where did we go wrong?"