ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

TRIGGER WARNING: Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hospital was 25 minutes away from the museum, but from the way I was speeding, we got there in 10 minutes flat.

Angela was attacked. My best friend was attacked. I don't know the state of her condition or how she is.

We were arguing over stupid shit like boys instead of being with each other. If I was with her, Ryan would have never...

I turn off Kol's car and run inside the hospital. I hear Kol trickle behind me.

I reach the front desk. "Hi...excuse me, ma'am? I'm looking for Angela Florence."

The woman sitting at the front desk is on the phone with somebody. "Trudy, I told her ass not to bring no chicken to my house. Y'know that white women can't cook for nothing. And you know what she did, Trudy...she brought two containers worth of fried chicken to my house."

I tap on the desk. "Excuse me...my friend Angela Florence is at your hospital. Can you tell me what room she's in?"

The woman continues talking on the phone. I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

I look at the sign on the wall to double-check that this is St. Luke's Hospital. I turn back to the women. "Excuse me miss--"

"Can't you see I'm on the phone? God, these young folks are so disrespectful nowadays. She sees me on the phone, but keeps talking," the woman says.

"Excuse me, ma'am. But my friend has been attacked and is here at your hospital. I'm sorry that you don't feel like doing your job today, but you do work at the front desk of a hospital, so please fucking assist me in finding the room Angela Florence is staying in," I say, coldly.

The woman's mouth hangs slightly open, and she tries to regain her composure. She starts typing on her computer. "214," she says.

I nod, politely. "Thank you."

Kol follows me and helps me look for room 214. We find the room and I grab the handle to enter. Kol holds my wrist to stop me. "What?" I snap at him.

Kol looks at me, tenderly. One hand rubs up and down my arm, as the other hand smoothes down some strands of my hair. "Baby, you're frantic," Kol whispers.

I close my eyes and let out a deep breath. I lean into his touch. "If anything happens to her..."

Kol brings my forehead to his lips and pecks it. "Nothing is going to happen to her, Maya. I promise."