ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

After we had sex in the janitor's closet (one of my go-to spots in high school), we enjoyed the rest of our date.

Kol decided to stay the night at my apartment. We held hands as I opened the door. Angela sat down on the couch with her knees clutched to her chest.

"Hey, Ang. What happened?" I ask.

She looks up. Her eyes are bloodshot red. Her cheeks were tear-stained. "Leo left. I listened to your advice, and I went to his apartment. But it was clear. All his stuff was gone. His neighbor said he moved, but he didn't know where he went."

She continues. "So, I told my parents. I went to their house and told them I was having a baby. They told me to never contact them again and that they would stop paying for my college. So, the next two years, I have to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with college and a baby."

I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. She cries into my arms. "Maya, what am I going to do?"

"What do you want to do? Are you...going to get an abortion?" I ask.

Angela shakes her head. "I'm going to raise this baby. But I don't know how I'm going to do it alone."

"You're not going to do it alone," I say. "You have me. Forever."

"And me," Kol says. "If Maya is going to be in the baby's life, then so will I. I'll be their favorite uncle."

Angela laughs. "You will be their only uncle. I have sisters."

"I scheduled my doctor's appointment. It's in a couple of days," Angela adds. "I'm tired of crying. I'm going to head to bed. Enjoy your night. Don't be too loud, the walls are thin."

I hugged Angela one last time before she disappeared into her room.

I turn to Kol. "I can't believe it. I feel so bad for her."

"I know. Her family are a bunch of jackasses. I get your daughter getting pregnant at 20 isn't ideal, but completely disowning her? Despicable." Kol agrees.

"So, what I'm hearing is, if our daughter comes home pregnant, you won't kick her out?" I smile.

Kol playfully rolls his eyes at me. "She won't be in a six-foot radius of any boys until she's 40, so she'll be fine."

I roll my eyes in return. "Don't tell me you're going to be one of those dads."

Kol pulls me to his side and kisses my forehead. "Our kid would be cute."

I sigh, contently. "Oh yeah. They would be adorable."

I smile mischievously before speaking. "You know what. To help Angela through this tough time, we should have a baby."

Kol's body stills, and he chuckles awkwardly. "Uh...maybe, in the future. It's quite soon. I know we've been talking about babies, but I didn't mean to imply that I wanted one right now. I want to make you my wife before you have my children."

I laugh. "God, I swear you're as red as a tomato."

I kiss Kol on the forehead. "I'm just joking."

We sit in silence as we listen to each other's breathing before I speak up.

"Does Amanda hate me?" 

Kol doesn't respond immediately. "She doesn't hate you. Amanda couldn't hate anyone. You're just not her favorite person at the moment. You broke her little brother's heart and then ghosted him for a year."

The last part of his sentence has a bit of a sting to it. I move my head off his shoulder. I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding. 

"Sorry," I whisper.

"N-No...it's fine. I don't even know why I brought it up," Kol stutters.

"Yeah, you know why you brought it up. I get it. I hurt you. It's okay to admit," I say.

"I was hurt in the past, but I'm over it now. I promise. I had my time to heal and we're good now," he says.

I give him a sad smile. "You don't have to lie, Kol." I could see the crack of his reassuring mood slip.

Kol shrugs. "When I'm with you, I think about all our good times. All the times you made me smile. You made me laugh. Every moment when I fell more and more in love with you. And then I remember the ugly. The times you pulled away. The times you disassociated. I could feel my heart cracking. I knew that you would break my heart in the end, and I still stayed because I knew you were worth it. And I was right."

"It kills me too. Remembering all those times for the past year that we could've been together if it wasn't for my self-sabotaging," I say.

Kol grabs my hand, kisses it, and interlocks our fingers. "You never know what would've happened. You weren't ready for a relationship. Who knows what would've happened if we had gotten together back then."

 "So, you'll talk to your sister for me?" I plead, giving him my best smile.

"No," he says. "You're going to talk to her yourself. We'll invite her to brunch. And I'll tell her to bring her new boyfriend. His name is Jeremiah. Let me show you a picture."

When Kol showed me the picture of Amanda and her new boyfriend Jeremiah, all color drained from my face.

In all his wretched, terrible, and selfish glory. Jeremiah Michealones.

The one who broke my heart.

The one who made me feel worthless.

 "You were fucking unlovable, Maya. Sorry that everything went down, but I couldn't stand being with you any longer." 

And he was dating Kol's sister.

                                                                                End of Chapter Forty-Nine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

I desperately wanted to get a chapter out for you guys, but school overloaded me with schoolwork. I had two projects to do plus yearbook pages.

So, I decided to give you guys a little short chapter.

We officially have TWO more chapters left of this story and I am not ready. I'm going to miss my babies too much.

But, nevertheless, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story with all your Wattpad-loving friends!

I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!