ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

"Maya, it's me, Kol

"Maya, it's me, Kol. I'm guessing you deleted and blocked my number already. I-I had so much to say and now that I'm calling you and leaving a voice message, I can't seem to say anything. Well, actually I can say a few things. Maya, I love you. I love you so much that it hurts to breathe without you near. I think about you constantly and everything about you drives me insane."

"Please call me back. It's been a month since I've last seen or spoken to you. I can't stand not being near you. Maya...no matter what happens or what you think, just know that I will always love you. No matter what."

I gasp awake and the tears are already streaming down my face. Today is the first day of college. It was Kol's last year. All I had to do was avoid him throughout the entire year and I would never have to see him again.

I wait in bed for a few minutes before my alarm goes off. I turn it off and drag myself out of bed. 

I get ready for school. I decide to wear a white solid scoop neck tank top with khaki capri pants.

I lock my apartment door and walk to my car. This was hard. Going on the same campus as him. Knowing there was a chance I would run into him.

I drive to school and the closer I get, the stronger the overwhelming urge to throw up gets.

I exit my car and Charlotte meets up with me hand and hand with her girlfriend, Esther. All of that talking and giggling over the phone finally got somewhere.

"How are you doing, M? Y'know being back on campus with the chance of running into him after almost a year," she asks, rubbing my arm.

I give a half-hearted shrug. "I'm not bothered."

Charlotte raises an eyebrow at me. "Maya, you barely left your house these past months. I'm your friend. You can't fool me."

"I don't what I'm supposed to say, Char. I can't stop thinking about him no matter how hard I try."

"Then why don't you be with him? I've yet to hear a logical explanation for all of this," she sighs.

You were fucking unlovable.

I wipe away the shadow of tears and let out a deep breath. "This year I am focused on nothing but schoolwork. I'm 19 and I certainly don't have time to grovel over a boy."

"So you admit you were grovelling?" I look at Charlotte's victory smile. She was cheesing like she had just won a big race.

"I have to get to Econ. Goodbye." I walk away from Charlotte and Esther and past by two couples, feet apart, sucking each other's faces off.

Could people have some fucking decorum?

I roll my eyes and groan. I trudge to Econ and happen to be one of the first ones there. I take a seat in the middle and prepare my materials for class.