ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

As soon as winter break hit, I fled college. It was always the plan never to go back home for holidays.

But then I met Kol.

Whenever I'm around him I feel hundreds of butterflies swarming my stomach. It's like my body yearns for him.

I couldn't spend two weeks alone with nothing to do but be with Kol. I knew that it would confirm what I already knew.

I was developing feelings for Kol.

And I couldn't. I couldn't give myself to somebody in that way. Because when it's time to let go, it will break me into a thousand pieces.

Just like last time.

Christmas was yesterday, so that means in a couple of days I can leave. And see Kol.

I missed him.

My heart was beating every second of our phone calls. His texts made my face break out into a ruby-red blush.

I grab a Funyuns from the aisle and push the cart further. Since I came back to Arizona, I haven't left the house.

I didn't want to risk running into people from my past.

The reason I am the way I am.

I move to the next aisle. I'm looking at all the items as I move the cart and a wall-like item crashes into my cart and then falls. 

I run to see who I hit but stop short when I see who it is. Carmen Washington.

She looks up at me and her mouth slightly gapes open. "I was about to curse you out, but I suppose I deserve it for everything I've done."

She slightly smiles at me and I can't seem to hind the surprise on my fucking face. "I-I thought you and him moved to Colorado during graduation."

She laughs bitterly and stands up. "Uh....well that was the plan until the day we were supposed to move, I caught him fucking my sister."

Ironic. But, then realization spreads across my face. "Isn't your sister 16?"

Her face scrunches into discomfort and she clicks her teeth. "Yeah...looks like Jeremiah had more problems than just cheating."

I wince at his name and Carmen notices. "Back then, I was ignorant. I thought I was the shit for taking another girl's boyfriend. And then it happened to me. With my sister, no less."

I try to stop myself from rolling my eyes, but I was unsuccessful. I see Carmen grit her teeth ever so slightly. "I just want to apologize for what I did to you. You didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that."