ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

"I would do anything for you."

"Sweetheart."

"Baby."

"God, I love you."

"I can't keep this in me any longer. I am in love with you."

Lies. They were fucking lies.

When the elevator came to a stop on the main floor, people entered as I clawed myself off of the floor and walk through the lobby.

"Maya, dear. Where are you going?" I ignore her words and head outside.

I can't do this. I tried to, but he's moved on. He deserves to move on and I'm not going to affect his chances at being happy.

I reach my car and I freeze when I see Kol standing there. I slowly walk over to him and stay silent as he looks down at me.

"Maya...." His hand reached up to my face, but then quickly retracts it.

"What are you doing here?" he asks. 

I swallow the lump in my throat. There are so many things that I want to say. So many things I need him to know. But there was only one thing I could manage to fathom.

"So, you've moved on?" My throat feels dry and my voice is cracky as I speak.

Kol's expression of lingering quickly swifts into a pot of anger. "Is that seriously what you want to say to me? After a year of ignoring me?"

My breath hitches. I know what I want to say, but I cannot say it. I cannot physically voice out the words.

"Is she a friend?" I ask again. Kol rolls his eyes. "I-I came down here because I thought you would've wanted to...I don't know, talk after I told you I loved you and you left me."

"I'm sorry for leaving," I whisper.

"It took you a year to figure that out? You took my heart, my soul, and my being and twisted it into your web. You filled it with your personality and put me under your spell. I fell for you and you ripped my heart out of my chest like it was nothing," he shouted. "I loved you and you left me."

Tears are streaming down my face as he tries his best to stop looking at me. But, he can't. He wipes the tears from my right cheek.

"I...." I built up all this courage to come and face him and I can't even manage to say it to him.

"I missed you," I finally manage to claw out of my throat.

Kol's breath hitches and he drops his forehead to mine. "Sweetheart, don't say things you don't mean."