ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

Two hours later, I was crying in bed with Angela. Angela because she was pregnant, alone, and hormonal, and me because I have no idea what's going on in my head right now.

Jeremiah, Amanda, and Kol were spinning around in my head.

Kol called me several times, but I put my phone on Do Not Disturb.

"I can't believe I'm going to have to do this on my own. And I know that you and Kol said you were going to be there for me, but it's not the same," Angela cries.

I didn't tell her what happened. I said didn't want to talk about it. I wanted to be distracted.

"Have you tried calling Leo?" I ask.

Angela sniffles. "I called. I emailed. I even sent out a message to his Dad's company. But, nothing works. It's like he's a ghost. Maybe....he's gotten my messages and he just...doesn't want to be a father. Maybe he doesn't want to be involved."

"Oh, I'm sure that's not it."

"Yeah, it is. He used to tell me about his fear of being a father. H-He never wanted kids," she cries.

Oh. 

Well, that kinda seals the deal, doesn't it? 

"I think that there's a happy ending for everyone. So, if Leo is a part of it then he is. And if he isn't..." I look up at Angela who stops crying and waits for me to speak. "Then no matter how you feel, he isn't meant to be."

A knock on the door interrupts our conversation. "I'll get it," Angela says.

She leaves and the bed starts to feel empty and cold. I close my eyes and try to stop myself from crying.

All of this shit could have been avoided if I didn't try to go through for Amanda.

"Maya!" Angela calls out. "It's for you."

"Tell Kol I don't want to talk right now," I yell back.

"It's not Kol," a feminine voice says.

Curiosity spiked through me and I went to the living room.

I see Amanda in the doorway. "Hey, Maya."

"Amanda. What are you doing here?"

"You mind if I talk to you? Alone."

"I'm just going to tell Angela anyway, so she's staying," I say.

Amanda nods and gives Angela a tight smile.

Amanda sits down on the couch and I sit on the opposite couch.

"Brunch was kind of awkward, huh?" Amanda says, trying to lighten the mood.