ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

"I've never watched Instructions Not Included," Neveah says, snuggling close to Kol on the couch

"I've never watched Instructions Not Included," Neveah says, snuggling close to Kol on the couch. "What's it about?"

"Uh...this guy discovers he's a Dad. The girl drops off the baby and then runs off. The guy tries to return the child but ends up keeping it. Then he immigrates to America illegally and it all spirals out of control, especially since he can't speak English," I explain.

Neveah shrugs. "Sounds boring. Koly, can we please pick another movie?"

"Nae, let's just watch the movie. I heard it was a good movie," Kol says and presses play.

I slide into the left slide of the couch while they are practically lying on top of each other on the right.

The movie runs for about 30 minutes before the food shows up.

"Here you go, sweetheart," Kol says, handing me my food box. My peripheral vision catches Neveah glancing at us when Kol says, sweetheart.

I smile at him and take the box from him. Instead of taking his previous spot, Kol sits down in the middle of Neveah and me.

I can tell she doesn't like it. She scoots next to Kol a bit more and eyes me up. "So, what did you come here for?"

I look up at Neveah in surprise and Kol does the same. Neveah chuckles nervously. "I just mean, you never said what you were doing here?"

Kol looks back at me, silently apologizing for Neveah's words. She knows nothing of our issues. Nothing of our past. 

But, it almost seems like she wants to wreck our future.

I shrug and look around briefly. "I haven't seen Kol in a while. I wanted to check on him."

Kol stares at me as he analyzes my words. His face doesn't give away his emotions. I used to be able to read him. Now I can't tell anything.

We've been separated for so long. Maybe he's changed. Maybe I don't know him like I used to.

My phone rings and it snaps me out of my thoughts. I check the caller ID and see Angela's name. I excuse myself and answer the call in the guest room.

"Ang, I need you to get to Kol's house quickly. I need a desperate escape!" I whisper-shout into my phone.

"I was actually calling you to tell you that I need the apartment for the night. Leo came over and he has whip cream and chocolate sauce," Angela squeals on the other side of the phone.

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "I--ok. I'll just catch a hotel or something."

"Wait....why do you need to leave Kol's? What happened?"