ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

"Isn't that supposed to be my role?" Kol teases

"Hey!" I smile. "It's modern day. I can ask you out if I want. Yes or no?"

Kol lets out a husky chuckle, and it makes me break out into a blush.

"Alright, where you taking me?" he queries. 

I ponder. I didn't really think this far ahead. "Uh...you have any suggestions?"

Kol laughs out loud. "Don't laugh at me," I hiss. "I'm trying here."

Kol interlocks his fingers with mine and snuggles me closer. "What's something you've never done as a kid?"

I snort. "Everything childlike. Aureila never really let me do anything."

"Maybe I should plan this date instead of you," he offers, and I playfully jab him.

I rise from my place on the bed. "I want to take you out and show you what you mean to me. I want it to be special."

"You just being here with me is special, Maya. We can watch a movie and it'll still be special."

I smile. Then suddenly it hits me. An idea. The perfect date. 

"I know exactly what to do," I say, and drag Kol up. "But I need a little favor."

"Anything."

"Your sister's number."

Kol's eyebrows quirked up. "Uh...okay. Not exactly what I had in mind. What do you need it for?"

"Our date," I smile. 

Kol's confusion grows. "I love you and my sister, but she's not about to third wheel."

I roll my eyes. "Just give me her number."

Kol takes my phone and types her number in my phone. 

"Thank you. I'll see you later," I say and shove him out of my room.

He stumbles into the hallway and I walk him to the door. "You kicking me out, Maya?"

"Yeah, I need to plan our date and you can't be here will I do it. So, I will call you when I'm done. Kiss." I stand on my tippy toes and Kol kisses me deeply before leaving. 

I close the door with no doubt, the most giddy grin, but it disappears when I hear retching sounds. 

I follow the sounds into Angela's bathroom. "You good, Ang?"

I see her lying on the floor, hanging over the toilet, throwing up. She looks over at me and gives me a half-hearted smile.

"I think my body is rejecting Leo and I's breakup. I've been throwing up for the past seven minutes."