The chunin exams

-Hokage's office, Hidden Leaf-

''That's the report, Minato sensei. No such signs of activities related to Orochimaru I'm afraid.'' Kakashi said as he handed his teacher the report.

''Well, that's a bit disappointing, Kakashi but we will catch him next time. The Fire Daimyo has his interests peaked among our ninja, particularly Naruto, Kakashi. Most often than not, the daimyo asks regarding his growth. I think that the daimyo wishes for Naruto to join his guards. What do you have to say, Kakashi?'' Minato asked. He was a bit happy that his abandoned son was becoming popular in the political world but what Minato didn't know is that Naruto's western relatives are the ones who wanted information.

''I'll say that Naruto has shown chunin level strength but I believe him to be stronger. He did take down the demon brothers, defeated Zabuza and his apprentice and Aoi. Granted I didn't see or know how he did defeat the two nuke nin, it's impressive. He has the mind of a military genius and I dare say he's the strongest genin in our village.'' Kakashi said.

''I see. What about his personality?''

''A bit... anti-social. He keeps to himself, doesn't speak much and a bit cold. I promised you that I would try to make him lit up his personality but that is harder than anticipated, sensei. He's all power, strength, speed, timing and strategy. I guess he's preparing himself to kill Itachi like Sasuke. Unlike Sasuke however, Naruto understands the important of tactics and planning further and not rushing in when your enemy's power is unknown.''

''You weren't lying when you said he's thinking like a military genius. I shouldn't have doubted after hearing the logistics speech you told me. Naruto is smart, damn smart and I... I just wish I was there for him.'' Minato said in a sad tone.

''You tried your best, sensei.''

''Thanks, Kakashi. One more thing, do you think they're eligible for the chunin exams? The other teams have already signed the papers.'' Minato asked and Kakashi had a serious thinking expression. This was probably the hardest moment of thought he had in a few years.

''I know Naruto can win with relative ease, sensei. Sasuke also but on a lesser extent as compared to Naruto. Sakura needs more training and I think I can bring her up to shape... hopefully. All in all, I think they're somewhat ready. And the other teams, sensei? With all due respect, sensei, Naruto is prepared but the rest not so much.''

''Isn't that a bit biased, Kakashi? Still...''

''Think about it, sensei. Guy trained his team for a year and gave them experience. I mean no disrespect sensei, to you or lady Kushina, but Menma and Mito's attitude puts them in danger. Team 8 is a dysfunctional mess. Kurenai is a good person but the only sane one in her team is Shino Aburame. Hinata is spoiled and Kiba is arrogant. Team 10 is better with their teamwork than the rest of us except Guy's team combined but individually? I think only Shikamaru is good enough.''

''I understand your reasoning, Kakashi, I really do but ultimately, it's the choice of the jonin sensei and them. Here.'' Minato gave Kakashi the papers. ''If your team signs this, they enter the exams. You have roughly nine days to get them on track.''

''I will sensei.'' Kakashi grabbed the letters and body flickered away, leaving Minato behind.

''Naruto... I'm sorry I wasn't there for you but... I... just couldn't raise you for some reason.''
______________________________________

          -Northern Shadowlands-

''Almost done, Naruto.'' Ekatarine said as she finished getting Naruto's adjustment.