War of Unification part 7: assassination attempt

-Heshbon, continental far north-

''Base delta zero?'' Naruto asked. His cousin Daemon had casually said it but he was curious as to what it meant. It was regarded as the last resort kind of military protocol.

''I forgot you weren't told of all the military protocols. To put it simply, the base delta zero protocol is the complete and utter devastation of entire landscapes and cities. With a constant orbital bombardment from warships, tungsten rods and then nuclear weapons. It's a military protocol only to be used as a last resort and to kill the entire population of countries.'' Daemon explained the protocol.

''And Grand General Rukossovsky said that it will not be required. After hearing that explanation, it's probably better if we don't have to resort to it.'' Naruto said and drank his warm soup. ''And what of the capital city of Jahaz? Will the assault begin soon?''

''In about... thirty five minutes.'' Daemon answered. ''On the general's orders, we are to lead from the flanks. I'll take the left and you take the right. We have to finish the Heshbonites and a second force near the Jabbok river.''

''I'll see you on the river then.'' Naruto said and his pet Yugito brought him to his tent. After that, they got ready, all the troops and vehicles and artillery and waited. Once the signal was given, they attacked Jahaz, capital of Heshbon.

A wing of Magogite starfighters flew and attacked the defenses of Jahaz. The imperial 12th armored brigade led the charge and the 145th and 146th attack battalions followed. The walls were broken down and they stormed the city. Intense fighting broke out as the Heshbonite defenders fought ferociously. Even regular civilians, women and children, fought to defend their home. Naruto and Daemon led the charge but they were held back by the knights who fought with all their might. The imperial army of Magog lost a legion in the first day. They retreated to make a defensive position and all through the night, missiles and artillery echoed and bombers dropped their payload. The city was in flames, fire blazing the unforgiving cold. All through the night, sounds of explosions was heard and the civilians tried evacuating but no hope. Mass graves were digged and the Magogite troopers executed the surrendered Heshbonites as payback for their comrades.

The next day, army Major Halder led his troops to charge at the enemy where they successfully broke through despite heavy casualties. Taking advantage of this, the imperial army then used this to encircle the Heshbonites. The city was now in their hands. The Heshbonites were forced to retreat and both Naruto and Daemon pursued them. They killed many and the Heshbonites fled to the frozen Jabbok river where Naruto ordered the artillery to open fire. Then, they prepared to face the Bashanian forces. Imperial troopers got their ski on and waited as the first wave of tanks rolled. After that, the second wave came and the soldiers were skiing down to attack. An artillery barrage and the rest of the soldiers ran to attack. The enemy was defeated and the northern theatre was cleared.

''My lords, orders from Angband. Queen Rhaella wants you and the Grand General to return to Konstantia.'' a lieutenant informed the two princes. Wasting no time, an escort team was made ready to transport all three back to the capital of Magog.
______________________________________

-island of K'thera, emerald sea-

The very remote and small island of K'thera in the emerald sea, west of the continent, was where the mages of the sect of Ba'al Hadad, Ashtoreth and Chemosh were banished. Magic users, some even dark arts, was allowed to some degree in the constant warring nations of Araad man Enoch but they were deemed too dangerous and immoral. Over five hundred were banished here because their practices in the dark arts of the antediluvian world was considered too far. Practices that crossed a certain limit even the most power hungry and brutal of leaders were disgusted by it. But it was to these banished mages that one very desperate Jorus Sabulo turned to for help.