Return home

-back in the Elemental Nations-

Pain, formerly Nagato Uzumaki and the leader of the Akatsuki, looked out to the village of the Hidden Rain. As he continued staring at his village, a certain orange masked individual entered the room. ''Madara.'' he said, calling out the man by his name.

''Pain. Everything goes well I take it.'' the man who took the name of Madara, also known as Tobi, said. ''The tailed beasts are identified, their locations known and the villages are weaker than ever. In three years, we can set our plan into motion and fulfill our dreams of world peace.''

''Yes, we can. However, I am concerned over one thing.'' Pain told the masked man.

''Oh? And that would be?''

''The unknown status of your descendant, Madara. I am concerned regarding one Naruto Uchiha. He proves to be strong despite his age and he has the eternal mangekyō sharingan. Not even Itachi has that. He is an unknown and I fear that with his growing power, he may prove to be a threat in the future. I want to know if he is with you or not.''

''Naruto is not with me, Pain. I too am lost on where he is. However, you need not worry about him. Should he resurface, I will convince him to join our cause. You are no doubt aware of Itachi's sickness, Pain.''

''Yes. It is most troubling. Itachi is the strongest member after me. His death may hinder Akatsuki's progress. Are you saying that you want Naruto to fulfill his desire to kill Itachi so that he can take Itachi's place?'' Pain asked.

''Yes. Itachi, no matter how powerful or resilient he may be, his sickness proves to be a destabilizing factor. Not to mention, he is secretly a spy.''

''If he is then why haven't you informed me earlier? He must be eliminiated then.''

''No need, Pain. Itachi knows little about our true goals. Only you, me and dear Konan truly know the real goal of Akatsuki. Besides, Itachi still has his uses. It would be a waste to finish an useful tool while it still functions properly. When come time for him to be discarded, we can replace him instantly.''

''I will take your word for it then, Madara.'' Pain said and Tobi swirled back to his pocket dimension and leave the village.

(Village Hidden in the Leaves)

''Master Jiraiya has sent back word, Minato.'' said Shikaku Nara. ''Menma and Mito's training is going well. He has written in his letter that the Cloud seems to be creating a super chakra cannon of sorts.''

''The Cloud. Always a few steps ahead of us when it comes to technology. Jiraiya sensei's words aren't too specific. Only that it is supposed to be  big and powerful. I guess he or his spies don't have too much data right now. However, we must still be cautious. I will make more flying thunder god seals to make transport of suppies, weapons and ninjas faster.''

''Good thinking cause in these times, speed will be our only advantage in the event of a war. Though weaker, Stone and Sand both have a force that is triple our own and their economies are growing and better than ours.''

''Still nothing good with the daimyo?''

''Yep. He's still a bit mad regarding Naruto.'' Shikaku answered though in truth, the fire daimyo was ordered by the Blackfyres to not give his missions to the Leaf.

''How good do the clans and ninja fare, Shikaku?''

''Well, my clan and both Inoichi's and Choza's are still good. The Aburame are not far behind either. However, the Hyuga main branch is a bit... I'll be honest, it's more like a dictatorship now. Hiashi is even more strict than before. Kunoichi's are ordered to prove themselves to be able to marry a Hyuga main branch. This after much urging and him having to swallow his pride. We're still suffering heavily from the loss of the Hyuga side branch, the Inuzuka and Kurama clans.''