War of Unification part 4: fall of Decapolis

-GNS Executioner, Carathian sky-

Daemon's forces were camped near a sacked village. He was recovering from his inflicted injuries and looked at the overall progress. The objective was to penetrate the famed indestructible walls of the Decapolis. He stood in the war room to listen to the major general's talk.

''We have captured all key strategic positions and have secured our supply lines, my prince.'' the major general said. ''Two and a half million more soldiers are coming to replenish our ranks with much needed supplies. The tanks of the warships are full with oil and once those fresh troops arrive, we can advance and take the Ten Cities.''

''The success of our campaign lies with Konstantine now.'' Daemon muttered. ''I know he will succeed but... tell me general, how long do you think it'll take? For him to open the shields?''

''I'll give it till next day.'' the general shared his thoughts. ''The Ten Cities as you know my prince, are large. They're ten fortress cities combined in one and they span dozens of kilometers. Not to mention he has to take out the air bases, ports and fortifications, it'll take hours. Prince Konstantine is smart and he won't risk exposure just yet. Sure he wants to sharpen his skills but he knows now that even he can be vulnerable. He has learnt to swallow his pride and become a better warrior.''

''Indeed he has. Are there any new orders from Angband?'' Daemon asked.

''After Decapolis falls, we move to reinforce the flanks of the 13th armored division and the 24th and 25th armies in the Greater Elamite Plain, near Korah, just beyond the Raika mountain range.'' the general answered. ''They want us to reinforce General Rukossovsky and win the northern theatre.''

''With Decapolis gone, Army Group Centre has basically secured the middle of the continent.'' commented Daemon. ''Our enemies are split in two and we can then annihlate them.''

''Indeed, my prince. With the center secured, Army Group Centre can reinfirce the north and south. After that, we can use prince Konstantine's mind controlling powers to make the populations subserviant. The destiny of our great motherland, of your family, will be achieved, my prince.''

''Yes. It will.'' Daemon remarked. ''Tell me how the other fronts are doing, general. What is the status of Meschek and Rosch?''

''Going well. The success of the army commanders is astonishing. They're winning nearly every engagement they fight in.''

''Good to hear, general. And of our vassal states back in the east? Are they industrializing? Have the imperial commanders proceeded as we wished?''

''Yes, my prince. Great progress has been made to create rail tracks, air bases, ports and more.'' the general replied. ''Eastern conquest is assured though we are still busy here with the war.''

''Keep our eyes open, general. If the shield is down by 75%, then attack it. I want to see the Ten Cities burn to the ground.''

''Understood, my prince.'' the general then left to issue orders to the lieutenants, captains and majors of the army.

Outside the warships, down to the ground were the soldiers clearing the harsh terrain. Carathian soldiers had destroyed the roads and made the sands harder to traverse to stall Magogite advances. They cleared the land while the knights used their power to shoot tar and dried it. Once durable enough, the tanks and other war vehicles starting to move again. The soldiers, after hours of marching and upon nearing the city, had created fortifications for a siege. The hope of success lies with Naruto now.
______________________________________

               -inside the Decapolis-

Decapolis or the Ten Cities was an unique city. Originally a small town built many thousands of years back, the town would have nine forts around it. Eventually, as trade grew and the population along with it, the city later encompassed the forts and a large wall with nine smaller, circular walls were built. In all of it's history, the mighty Ten Cities stood firm in the face of great enemies. Never before had it been breached nor was there ever a chance for it. Until now, that is.