Chunin finals

-Hokage's office-

''I demand that genin Naruto Uchiha be removed from the chunin exams.'' Kushina Uzumaki demanded from Minato and Hiruzen.

''Sorry Kushina but that isn't possible.'' Minato staunchly replied for his secret son. 

''What!?'' exclaimed Kushina in a loud, surprised and angry tone. ''Minato! You saw what he did to those genin. He didn't hesitate to kill four of his opponents and look at what he did to Mito! And besides, you heard Mito's word. He stopped the nine tailed fox. What's to say he won't use it against us?''

''Naruto has won fair and square, Kushina.'' Hiruzen replied. He believed it was time Kushina knew her place. ''Taking out Naruto after reaching this far would be an embarrasment to our village. Not to mention he's still alive. And him being able to stop the fox should be taken as a good sign. I am certain young Naruto is loyal to the village and having him being able to stop the fox is in our favour.''

''I agree, Hiruzen.'' Minato said and Kushina refrained from using the slave seal as she lost this battle. ''And Kakashi, if you knew about Naruto's sword, why didn't you tell me?''

''I apologize, Minato sensei but Naruto asked me to not tell it to anyone. I just... couldn't betray his trust, sensei. It took much work to get him to open up to me and I couldn't throw that away. I'm sorry.'' Kakashi told his teacher and Hokage.

''Maybe it's because you are not fit to be a teacher, Kakashi.'' Kushina remarked and said jonin turned his lone eye towards her.

''Same could be said of your children, lady Kushina. I mean no disrespect to Minato sensei but both Menma and Mito are unruly, arrogant and boastful. Not to mention the various reports of abuse from their teammate Mio.'' Kakashi retorted and it made Kushina very angry.

''Enough you two.'' Hiruzen said, stopping the drama. ''It's decided Naruto will continue in the exams. Now Kakashi, it is the council's wishes that you work harder on Sasuke then you do on Naruto.''

''But, lord third-''

''I'm sorry, Kakashi but both Minato and I have to agree. Sasuke has the curse mark from Orochimaru and is clearly weaker than Naruto. He struggled against Kiba Inuzuka of all people and he's the worst genin to graduate. Naruto on the other hand fought seven genins and won without suffering so much as a scratch. I'm sorry Kakashi but that is an order.''

''I... understand.'' Kakashi replied in a defeated tone and left the office.
______________________________________

-team 7's meeting place-

''So, that's the plan. I will harder on you and Sasuke, Sakura. I'm sorry Naruto but I have to work on your teammates first.'' Kakashi said to his pupils. He didn't mention that it was an order from the Hokages and council and hoped Naruto understood.

Sakura was happy that Kakashi was moving onto more advanced lessons. However, she was a bit saddened that he didn't do this earlier as it would've been helpful in the Forest of Death. At least she wouldn't have been dead weight having to be rescued by Lee, team 10 and Naruto. Sasuke was happy he was going to be stronger and Naruto already suspected Kushina behind this.

''If it's any consolation, I firmly believe that you can pass the finals without too much difficulty, Naruto.'' Kakashi said to his student.

''I understand, sensei. I already have a training session planned so we're good.'' Naruto said, much to Kakashi's relief.

''Good. Sasuke, Sakura, go to the training ground. I'll arrive shortly.'' Kakashi ordered and the two went. He then looked at Naruto. ''Okay Naruto. I want you to copy these fire, wind and lightning jutsu with your sharingan. I can still teach you something.''