The War in Mist

-Village Hidden in the Leaves-

''That's the report, Minato sensei.'' Kakashi Hatake handed the mission report to his teacher. The mission was to go to the Blood Prison but it was destroyed. Hundreds of corpses were found and all inmates and guards gone.

''Thank you, Kakashi. You may go.'' Minato ordered his student.

''Minato sensei, was it necessary? To have did this to Naruto?'' Kakashi asked.

''It was the best and only option available at the time, Kakashi. I know it isn't that good of a defense and now... we paid the price.'' Minato simply said and Kakashi left his office. The silver haired jonin was not satisfied with that answer. And how could he be? Naruto was his student and their bond was getting better. Now it was just destroyed like that with no hope of fixing it.

''No sign of them, Minato.'' Jiraiya the toad sage said as he entered via the window. ''No sign of the Inuzuka or side branch Hyuga.'' Jiraiya said and walked down, sitting near his prized pupil. ''It's like they just vanished in thin air.''

''How did it come to this, Jiraiya sensei?'' Minato asked in a frustrated and stressed out tone. ''We made a plan, a terrible one, and it backfired in more ways than one. Naruto resisted and killed dozens of our ninja and destroyed village infrastructure, costing us hundreds of thousands of ryo. Then, the Blood Prison was seemingly attacked by an unknown party and Naruto is gone. And to make it worse, the Inuzuka and Hyuga side branch are gone and the village is in flames. Our academy students are gone and so is a large amount of our money and the Haruno clan. Heck, the Kurama clan too are gone. Did you get anything on the new Hidden Grass, sensei?''

''Are you suspecting that the Grass might have broken Naruto out?'' Jiraiya asked.

''Just a hunch I had.''

''No, Minato. Nothing my spies can get on the Grass.'' Jiraiya sadly replied. ''Their security is good. Very good. I have the best spies in the world and yet they say it would be impossible, Minato. I could try it myself but it would be difficult.''

''I can't lose you, sensei. I need you to take Menma and Mito on a training trip. Tensions are rising in the world. Several Stone ninja backed and powered by Orochimaru have killed Ohnoki in his sleep. They launched a coup and Ohnoki's granddaughter, Kurotsuchi, has fled with 2,350 loyalists. Sand is becoming increasingly hostile, Mist is a lost cause and Cloud is growing stronger. The Leaf is alone and all our economic allies have abandoned us because we falsely imprisoned Naruto. We are alone, sensei. I need as many powerful ninjas as possible and for my two children to learn how to control the fox.''

''Damn.'' was all Jiraiya could say. ''I know it was bad but I didn't think it was THIS bad, Minato. I'll take Menma and Mito on the training trip but before that, where is Tsunade? I haven't seen her.''

''Tsunade is gone, sensei.''

''What?'' Jiraiya could not believe his ears. ''What do you mean gone?''

''She and Shizune are gone, sensei. Chunin have seen her destroy the hospital and fleeing alongside the Hyuga and Inuzuka. I believe this is Naruto's doing.''

''How so?''

''Kotoamutsukami.'' was Minato's answer. ''Naruto has used it to control everyone who fled. They're all just mindless slaves Naruto can control now. I developed a new seal called the Nirvana Seal to stop the jutsu. Here.'' Minato gave his teacher a sample of the new seal. ''I should've known Naruto would abuse this particular jutsu.''

''Well, I'll be leaving now, Minato. See you in a few years.''

(Namikaze mansion)

Menma and Mito were again in their secret chamber, having fun with their victims. Mito was molesting a boy just younger than her while Menma, with a knife, cut opened the belly of a pregnant girl. ''Let's see if it is a boy or a girl.'' Menma said to the girl who was too weak to respond.