PROLOGUE

BEST PROLOGUE

Will I be able to vanquish the Shadows and the Darkness? Will I be able to find the Light within me? I am scared – scared of the consequences of my actions and of what will become of me

Will I be able to vanquish the Shadows and the Darkness? Will I be able to find the Light within me? I am scared – scared of the consequences of my actions and of what will become of me. But I also have a choice – fight or surrender? I have many questions and I feel overwhelmed with my emotions, with my fears, but I will not give up. I will not allow these obstacles to overcome me. I have the power to prevail, and I will not let my doubt be my enemy. I will use my courage to face the shadows of my past and I will find my way towards the light. I will fight and I will win.

Mia.

As the moon cast eerie shadows over the area, Forestvale Manor stood alone in majesty. It was cloaked in mystery, with a sinister history that terrified even the toughest. In the middle of tangled branches and overgrown vegetation, its towering appearance seemed to tempt the curious and ignorant.

The creaking wooden gates led them into a labyrinth of filthy passageways, musty rooms, and terrifying quiet. The air was thick with the wet, heavy scent of decay as if the house itself hid a terrible secret that it would not reveal.

The majestic staircase, which was once grand and splendorous, is broken and neglected. Murmurs and sporadic wind howls rocked the walls as unheard footsteps groaned and creaked the flooring.

There appeared to be a new threat around every corner, whether it was in the walled attic or the deep, black basement. Residents of Glouminster asserted that a young woman's ghost haunted Forestvale Manor and was still seen wandering its halls looking to avenge her life's wrongs.

Forestvale Manor held a great allure despite the terror that emanated from its walls.