CHAPTER TWO: THE BOY WHO ONLY REMEMBERS HIS NAME.

"Do you only remember your name? Are you serious?" Xena responded sceptically.

"Xena, please allow Felix to explain."

Mia kept a close eye on the boy. She didn't know why, but she thought he was sincere.

Felix started to explain what little he knew despite his nervousness.

"I just recently arrived at this house. The difficulty is that I have no idea how it went. You are free to make fun of me." He turned to look at Xena as he spoke. "But it's true, I suppose. Suddenly, I'm unaware of how I arrived here without knowing anything about myself besides my name.
After circling the house for a bit, I came across something I was familiar with. I went outdoors but didn't know where to go. I'm confused. I don't know what to do."

Mia quickly took hold of Felix's hand. Despite his shock, he consented to the physical interaction and grinned warmly at Mia.

Their familiarity annoyed Xena, who answered right away:

"Why don't you get in touch with the police?"

Felix answered:

"I didn't consider calling the police. Considering that I have little self-awareness, they could think I'm a psycho."

"Perhaps you are unaware that you are a psycho, or perhaps you are aware and are attempting to make us feel sorry for you."

Felix didn't respond to the charge. Mia stood to confront Xena.

"Pardon me, Xena. Don't try to push him. Felix, I'm going to aid. You are welcome to remain here. The condition of some rooms seems to be good. Can I bring something for you to eat and drink?"

Wrath erupted from Xena.

"Mia, you amazed me. Will you stand up for a stranger? Even though I have been your friend your entire life, will you turn against me? Stick with this jackass and fuck off."

As Xena fled the house, Mia was left alone with a surprised Felix.

Mia, angry and disappointed, shouted, 

"Xena, come back, please."

Once more approaching Felix, Mia grabbed his shoulders.

"I don't understand why I have faith in you. I will help you, though. I originally came to solve the house puzzle and see the ghost, but now I'm here to help you."

Felix was taken aback.

"Is there a ghost in this house? I have not observed anything."

"That's what the people of Glouminster say," Mia said.

Felix smiled warmly at Mia.

"Thanks, Mia."

Mia grinned. She had never felt more confident than she did with this boy.

"How about if I bring something to eat, you tell me what you find while looking around the house, and then we plan the exploration? Additionally, we might later encounter the ghost."

"Okay. You are a strong girl, Mia."

"I'm not certain. I just know that my curiosity and love of riddles are my strengths. My suspense novels are well-liked by my readers."

"I find you to be quite intriguing. I want to learn more about you." Felix acquiesced.

"I'll get some food and drinks first, then come back."

"I'll be here."

Felix glanced at Mia's thin body and long blonde hair. Additionally, he thought about Mia's stunning sapphire blue eyes and wished he didn't remember having a girlfriend so he could win her over.