CHAPTER THIRTEEN: A MYSTERIOUS MAN.

WARNING: This chapter describes a toxic relationship.  

With a gentle sigh, Tabitha shut the doors of Rowena's world, the soft click echoing through the quiet shop, marking the conclusion of the workday. Meanwhile, she reflected on the man she had only met a few days before.

"I can't stop thinking about you, Ry. I'm not sure what you do to me, but you've got me obsessed."

Tabitha met Ry one night as she was returning home late from a night out with some friends at a dimly lit alley near the club. Her heart leaped in her chest, a jolt of surprise coursing through her as Ry materialized seemingly out of thin air. Faced with her fear, the man was courteous and considerate while still being quite alluring.

"Just looking into his eyes gave me a rush of heat and desire. This had never happened to me before, let alone with a mature man."

The man introduced himself, saying his name was Ry and asking what her name was. As Ry spoke, Tabitha's heart skipped a beat. His voice, a rich baritone, resonated in the air, sending tremors of pleasure down Tabitha's spine and kindling a blazing warmth that enveloped her being. 

Despite only being introduced, she felt a strong connection with him, as if their souls had intertwined in a cosmic dance of fate, binding them together beyond mere introductions. His words wrapped themselves around her like a blanket, a comfort, and a familiarity she couldn't put her finger on. A soft gasp escaped her lips, her heartbeat quickening in sync with the flush of warmth that painted her cheeks a rosy hue. She attempted to conceal it, but it was futile. Ry's magnetic charm pierced her soul, dissolving her inhibitions and defences. She felt herself slowly evaporating into a puddle of emotions, and she didn't want it to end. Her mind was inundated with overwhelming yearning, and she felt as if she could do anything. Tabitha felt herself gently falling for Ry as he continued to speak. Tabitha was drawn in by Ry's voice and presence, and she knew he wanted to get to know her as much as she wanted to know him.

Turning around, she found Ry standing before her, the object of her desire.

"Ry, I was just thinking of you."

Ry gave Tabitha an intriguing smile.

"I hope they were good things... or bad things," he said, winking.

Tabitha blushed at Ry's playful response, feeling a rush of excitement at his flirtatious demeanor. She couldn't help but be drawn in even more by his charm and wit.

"I was thinking about how happy I am that you are in my life."

"Good. What would you like to do now?"

"I wanted to kiss you."

Ry's smile widened, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Well, then, what are you waiting for?"

Tabitha leaned in and pressed her lips against his, savoring the moment of connection between them.