CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: THE PURIFICATION RITUAL

Mia and Rowena were performing the purification ritual in the attic of Forestvale Manor. Clad in a soft, flowing white robe, Mia reclined in a circle of white candles, their gentle glow illuminating her form. Rowena stood at the edge of the circle, holding a bundle of sage, and quietly reciting words for the ritual. The air in the attic grew thick with the scent of burning sage, creating an atmosphere of peace and serenity for Mia's ritual. Rowena spoke some Latin words:

"O Spiritus lucis comitatur Mia in hac Rituali Purificatione. Munda hanc puellam omnium tenebrarum et post hanc emundationem ad nos redeat munda et plena luce."

After the incantations, Rowena presented Mia with a black stone. Mia grabbed it. That stone felt heated and appeared alive. As Mia shut her eyes, a wave of energy pulsed through her, the stone's touch akin to a conduit to an ancient, potent force, stirring a deep resonance within her being. Rowena's smile mirrored the flickering candles, a silent acknowledgement of Mia's readiness to embark on a voyage into uncharted realms, their shared anticipation palpable in the air.

Rowena said:

"Focus on the stone. It is currently dark, but after the ritual is performed, it will become translucent. May light fill Mia!"

Mia closed her eyes and waited. She saw several disturbing images flash before her eyes. She wanted to stay there since the grotesque figures seemed to be calling out to her. A bright light pierced her eyes and body, causing her unbearable pain. She yelled, unsure if she was in reality or only in her imagination. The pain was excruciating. She didn't want the darkness to leave her because it had promised to alleviate her suffering and anguish. However, the light showed her that these were merely empty promises. Mia doesn't know who to believe.

Mia yelled:

"Enough! I do not wish to take part in this battle. I do not want light or darkness."

"You can't choose," said a voice. "You must face both the light and darkness within you to find your truth," the voice continued, echoing in Mia's mind. She was ready to confront her inner demons and embrace her power. The light wanted to enter her, but the pain increased. Mia succumbed to the overwhelming sensation and passed out.

Rowena screamed at Mia, but she did not answer. Xena was outside waiting and dashed in to see what they were up to.

"What exactly is it, Rowena?"

"When I speak to Mia, she doesn't respond. She seems to be unconscious," said Rowena.

"What can we do? Something must be done!" exclaimed Xena.

"Felix, please come in."

Felix, who was also outside, entered.

"Is Mia alright?" Felix asked, concern evident in his voice. Rowena shook her head, unsure of what to do next. Xena looked at Felix, silently pleading for help.

"Use your healing powers," said Rowena.

"Will they work in this dimension?"